My son died of a coceine overdose yesterday

Nandina

February, I am so very sorry to hear about the death of your precious son. Please feel free to share your story, or tell us a little more about him if you feel up to it. We are all in this together, and we’re here to support you in your grief. Sending love and hugs, and wishing you peace.

stillhopeful

My heart aches for you at this profound loss of your precious son. When you can do it, please allow us to know how he brightened your life. We are all surrounding you with love as you walk this unimaginably painful path.

february

Please advice, my heart is broken
He was 40, troubled most of his life.bypolar with manic depression. We tried medications, psychiatry but he did not want help. Lived with us for years did not work. Did, pot and some meth. We asked him to leave almost two years ago. Got some money from his grandmother. He was staying in motels did not work went through most of his money. Found a place to live with this couple. We did keep in touch somewhat. I I last saw him in February for my birthday. He looked happy. Yesterday an official came to my door to tell me that my son had passed away from an accidental overdose in another town. They have his body at the morgue. I am so devastated, heart broken. I loved my son with all of his flaws and problems. As we all do!
I never thought I would have to call funeral homes today go pick up his ashes. Please pray for me and my family that God will give me strength to get through this.

stillhopeful

There is nothing more painful that what you are experiencing as you are saying goodbye to your beloved son. There really are no words that can truly comfort when part of your heart is missing. But you loved him and cared for him. And he loved you. In the end that is all that really matters. He was your son and he was loved!

Crayola13

God, do not let this mother’s feelings overwhelm her. During moments of anguish, touch her heart with courage, her soul with your compassion and with your love to comfort her. Despite her pain, let her know healing is occurring. Let her hear often that you are always with her.

february

God, do not let this mother’s feelings overwhelm her. During moments of anguish, touch her heart with courage, her soul with your compassion and with your love to comfort her. Despite her pain, let her know healing is occurring. Let her hear often that you are always with her.
Thank you, for your prayers

february

There is nothing more painful that what you are experiencing as you are saying goodbye to your beloved son. There really are no words that can truly comfort when part of your heart is missing. But you loved him and cared for him. And he loved you. In the end that is all that really matters. He was your son and he was loved!
Yes, he was a sweet caring guy. And we loved each other no matter what.

ksm

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know how people get through such a great loss. I wish you peace and some comfort while you find your way. Newksm

lovemysons

Dear february…
I am so very sorry you are experiencing the devastating loss of your precious son. Sadly I am going through the same thing. My son died around 4:50 am while walking on a highway in California on Thanksgiving morning last year. He had Meth in his blood and urine and was likely psychotic as was so often the case after he used. And just
like your son, my son had Bipolar disorder and medications never worked for him. He also couldn’t hold down a job or couldn’t get inside the box of a functional adult working a 9-5 Job.
He never could follow through on plans either. He truly lived in the moment.

I don’t know what will ever get us through this overwhelming sadness. The only thing that comforts me a little is knowing we did everything we could to help him and also knowing we will be reunited with him when it is our turn to leave this earth. I no longer fear death because of this.

I miss my son everyday and will love him forever and ever as I know you love your son this way too and will miss him so deeply. They our are beautiful angels now. I wish the disease of drug addiction did not exist. There is no greater pain than losing a child at any age.

May God be with you and bring you some form of comfort now and in the future.
Love and hugs for your hurting heart

Nomad

Staff member
Condolences. How painfully devastating. Lean on your Higher Power. And we will help you as best as we can. Sending prayers for peace and comfort.

february

Dear february…
I am so very sorry you are experiencing the devastating loss of your precious son. Sadly I am going through the same thing. My son died around 4:50 am while walking on a highway in California on Thanksgiving morning last year. He had Meth in his blood and urine and was likely psychotic as was so often the case after he used. And just
like your son, my son had Bipolar disorder and medications never worked for him. He also couldn’t hold down a job or couldn’t get inside the box of a functional adult working a 9-5 Job.
He never could follow through on plans either. He truly lived in the moment.

I don’t know what will ever get us through this overwhelming sadness. The only thing that comforts me a little is knowing we did everything we could to help him and also knowing we will be reunited with him when it is our turn to leave this earth. I no longer fear death because of this.

I miss my son everyday and will love him forever and ever as I know you love your son this way too and will miss him so deeply. They our are beautiful angels now. I wish the disease of drug addiction did not exist. There is no greater pain than losing a child at any age.

May God be with you and bring you some form of comfort now and in the future.
Love and hugs for your hurting heart

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I am so sorry for your loss. Your son is in a better place now and healed and whole from his ailments and addictions.

I always say that it is God's Will. No matter how much it hurts us here on earth, he is God's son and he is with him now.

You will be together again someday. Prayers for your broken heart that it will heal and that you can move forward in a positive way and live a life that your son should have lived. You can be at peace knowing that he is in a better place.

Hugs.

Chloesmom

This is heartbreaking for any parent to have to go through. My 21 yr old daughter has bipolar disorder and struggles with drug use. I’m so sorry for your loss ❤️‍🩹