Nana's Halloween Party

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
ooooOOOOOOOooooooohhhhhhh! :frenkenstein::witchcrafting:

I didn't go nuts or anything. I still had all the decor from last year, I just topped it off with a few "finds" this year that make an improvement. I suspect I'll be doing this every year from now on. lol The camera is ready..........so I hope to get a lot of pics, especially of some of the decor/food. Nichole and I took great pains to find spooky recipes. We didn't go overboard because we weren't planning a meal but rather party nibbles that weren't all sweets. Party nibbles that are ghoulish. lol

This year was Darrin's turn to help Nana decorate. He got to help me with the bloody man that will greet them at the front door........scary dude with a sword in his gut and blood everywhere, including a blood trail leading up to the porch. He also got to help with the cemetery, or rather part of it..........arranging the bones of the skeletons. But the "surprise" is the tombstones that were added later than come with ghoulish lights and sound effects. The rest........well, now, Nana has got to keep some mystery. lol

Nana's hutch is transforming this morning into an evil laboratory cabinet with beakers filled with icky substances that contain severed fingers, eyeballs, and ears.......... Larger containers with body organs such as the heart, liver, ect. Next year I"m going to figure out how to make at least some of these substances safely "boil" and bubble.

The menu consists of severed fingers, bones, ants on a log, pumpkins, spider webs, and monster eyeballs, with a grave yard cake as dessert. :goo:

Games are as follows: pumpkin bowling, apple bobbing, eyeball drop, and pin the nose on the skull, and Touch and Tell. The egg toss, sadly, had to be nixed due to weather. I'm hoping the same thing won't happen to the apple bobbing.

Main activity: pumpkin carving/decorating.

The little devils will be arriving at 2pm :frankenstein::jack::witch::witchy:

**added note** Once again, Katie's kids are missing out on the fun. But it's not like we didn't try to convince her to come. :(

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The kids had a blast!

I forgot about Nichole's Mummy dogs..........and omg they were adorable. :rofl:

Food was a hit. Although Darrin was a wee bit nervous he might have to eat some severed ears or something as was Aubrey. LOL They had a wonderful time playing games. Connor decided that pumpkin bowling is "his' thing and kept right on playing even after the game was long over. This game you use paper towels for the pins and a small pie pumpkin for the ball. The Touch and Tell.......was a bit iffy. We gave each bad a name like Troll guts or cat eyes or whatever and they had to reach in and try to guess what it really was. Well, the boys didn't mind but Aubrey was nervous it was the real deal for a while. She DID guess the peeled tomatoes immediately, most likely from peeling so many with us for canning. lol Egg toss, pumpkin carving, and bobbing for apples had to be cancelled due to the cold/rain. Not that they seemed to mind too much. They were too busy eating and playing the games over and over again.

Once again Nana is wiped out. Thank heaven Nichole has Thanksgiving this year. LOL

That is such a fun day! It's too bad Katie's kids missed out. (I may have missed something, whatever happened with M and the chinese buffet incedent?) Do you think she doesn't want them around you because Kayla tells you certain truths that Katie doesn't want known?

I'm glad your grands had a great day with you!

LittleDudesMom

Sounds great! Hope you have some pics to share here (or pm me with your fb info if you choose) - I would love to see them! I love Halloween!

Sharon

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
UAN

I dunno what happened with the china buffet incident. I haven't seen anything........but not long after that life got sort of crazy around here so we could've missed it or he could've convinced some judge to go for treatment instead of jail time. But you may be right. Kayla is prone to spilling the beans, so that could be the reason. Well, Alex is too for that matter.

easy child did run in to them trick or treating. Seems M walked them the 4 miles to downtown (their apartment is on the outskirts of town). Thankfully it was a beautiful day. The boys didn't recognize her but Kayla ran up and threw her arms around her. M just stood there looking shocked. lol