New stuff?

H

HaoZi

A couple weeks ago Kiddo told me some boys in her class were talking about huffing hand sanitizer. She didn't call it that, didn't know the word and they didn't use it, either. What she heard them say was that they would ball up a piece of paper, put sanitizer in it, and pantomimed bringing it to her face and inhaling. Whether or not it works I don't know, I know kids will lick or eat the stuff for the alcohol in it. I told her to also discuss this with her teacher when she could talk to him alone, and she said he removed the class sanitizer from the wall afterwards.

Anyone hear anything like this elsewhere? Also did anyone catch that bit on a news show about something called "i-dosing"? It's where you use sound to feel high, etc. Seems it's on youtube and whatnot.

pasajes4

I sub in many different high schools and I have observed this practice. I caught a few kids trying to put the sanitizer in kleenx. At the time, I thought they were just trying to make a mess. Thank you for this information. I will pass it along to the administration of the schools I work at. Most of the classes that I visit have huge bottles of the stuff in the rooms.

T

TeDo

I hadn't heard of that. I just might have to pass this on to our school admin. Our SD has gone so "germ preventative" that EVERY room in the the entire building has a sanitizer dispenser just inside the door. Thanks for sharing this.