New upcoming names for baby boys and girls? Other new Names?

ksm

am older lady at our church told me a funny story about a man with an odd name. She said when she was younger, she was at church, and a young man had two female friends visiting at the service, as was their tradition, the pastor announced to the church..."will the two young ladies with Harry Butts, please stand up?"

Ksm

KTMom91

I subbed today, in a first grade - out of twenty four kids, there were three Jordans, something convoluted I couldn't pronounce, several named after cities, a Lily, a Melody, an Ella, a Cruz, a Jacob...pretty normal except there were no Jaden/Kayden/Aidan/Tayden names in the mix.

I operated on the principle that the name needed to look impressive in gold letters on a mahogany door when I named Miss KT. Her legal name is Katherine. It's difficult enough for a woman to be taken seriously, and names that are cute when they're little don't always transfer well into the working world.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
The way my mom spelt my name, is the boys spelling of my name. My mane should be spelt With an e. I have heard of three women with my name but have only met one other. I dispised my name when I was young but when I entered my teen years I really embrace my uniqueness.

susiestar

Roll With It
My dad taught at an inner city school. He actually had students named Orangejello and Lemonjello. The mother had so many kids that she couldn't think of names for them, so she named them the first thing she looked at when they came in with the paperwork and asked what the boys' names were. They were a year apart.

In late elementary school I did not like my middle name, mostly because one nun gave me so much grief over it. It is the name of something you see in the sky, not the name of a saint. This nun was a witch and she really picked on me over any little thing, and my name was her excuse when she couldn't find anything else to be mean about. A few years later I loved it. I don't have to write it out and I like that it helps make my signature harder to forge.

I went to the University of Texas at Austin for a few years. They got a lot of the land that the college is on from the Hogg family. One of their children was a daughter named Ima Hogg.

When I was a child, I went to school with children from the Di.ck family (not sure if the censor will let that through, so I put a period in it). The daughter got teased quite a bit because their father's name was Harold. Their mail was always addressed to Mr. Harry D1ck. I always felt rather bad for Mr and Mrs D. That had to be awkward at times.

pasajes4

Harry Butts was the founder of the H.E.B. grocery store. The E was for his middle name Edward. There has been a Harry Butt in every generation since.

I had a student named Heroin pronounced Herron. I think he should have been able to change his name for free. Hardest name I ever had to struugle through was a Hawaiian name. It was really long and it upset me that I was butchering it. The young lady sat patiently through the whole ordeal, and then let me know that she went by Ann.

Littleboylost

I went to school with a Charles Brown and a Donald Tuck. Parent must not have been cartoon fans. Theses boys were teased incessantly.

BusynMember

There is a place here for horrendous last names. My maiden name is so strange that my own family isn't sure how to pronounce it. On the first day of school each year every teacher stammered over the name as the class laughed. It was embarrassing.

My first name, which I loathe, was rarely used. Instead I got called various mean take offs of my last name. That was actually worse.

I married twice. Both times the men had nice last names. That isn't why I married them of course but it was one less thing my kids had to deal with.

As far as I know there is only one other family in the U.S. with my horrible maiden name. If I had been a male, I may have changed it legally..especially since I had no strong ties to most of my family.

Lil

It is the name of something you see in the sky, not the name of a saint.

Gee, Susiestar, I wonder what that could be. :)

Donald Tuck

We had a Donald Duck come thru the office too. The father, not the kid. Bless his heart. I have had a few that I had to try to keep a straight face over, that's for sure. Luckily most of our hearings are by phone.

Speaking of bad combinations, there was a car dealer I used to hear commercials for who had the name Richard Head. Really...what parent with the last name Head names their son Richard? That's just beyond cruel. A judge gave a speech once that I attended and he told a story about a kid that came before him with a name pronounced "Shi - Theed". I'll let you guess how that one was spelled. :oops:

BusynMember

OMG! How could I have forgotten THIS name??? I went to school with a guy who was a year older named Richard Dick. Of course he wascalled Dick Dick. It obviously did not stunt his growth as he became a doctor, Dr. Dick. Still....why????

Richard Head is just mean. Donald Tuck and Charles Brown....what kind of parents would do this???

Last edited:

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I'm immature I guess but on TV when the anchorwoman says (to the reporter) "back to you Dick" I think it's pretty funny.

Littleboylost

So I went to school with a girlfriend lovely Greek girl Aliki Antanaros. She fell in love at an early age in Sr high school and married the boy. Still married today. She married Tom Fawcette....ya you got it Aliki Fawcette ....it gets better ....he is a plumber.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
In high school - senior year. My English teacher called everyone by their last name. "Mr. Mills", "Miss Brown", and so on. Well. Except me. I was "Miss Annie". #@$%^&* she would not even TRY. A friend of mine was "Mr. Jason" for a similar reason. His was much easier though longer.

I got teased about the last name - think lubricants. And the senior prophecy was that I would marry Jason and we would have the alphabet family.

GAH.