Not been around much

SunnyFlorida

I feel like I haven't been around much. I just checked my posts and it looks like for the past few months I've been checking in every 3-4 days vs multiple times during the same day.

So what's the change?

Work has been incredibly busy. We're short a person and I'm doing double duty. Because of this, many things are backed up and the stress is starting to make me concentrate on only those things that I can control or things that must be done.

This is not a bad thing though. On a positive side to this, this is forcing me to prioritorize. Actually, this is putting alot of things into perspective as to "do I really need to be doing this, is this my responsibility, does this need to be done by me".

difficult child 2 is employed. He works a 4day workweek and gets a paycheck with benefits. He likes having Friday's off and is starting to manage his money. He is still living with girlfriend and her family. He calls and/or we see him every few days. He struggles with late teen early young adult "wantahaves", but overall he's doing great. My prayers continue that he stays the course and doesn't do something stupid and get caught.

difficult child 1 is going to a school for Building Maintenance. He gets Cayden on Wed's and everyother weekend. He brings him to our house and all is well. We are supporting him as he finishes his education. The goal is for him to complete school, find a job, and seek financial independence from us. We use patient assistance programs for his medications and he is living in a house that we bought as an investment. He works on the weekends and pays his childsupport. His moods vary with the wind, he is medication compliant. He's anxious and narrowminded, yet he still likes to do silly things with me. We can laugh and have fun. Child rearing is ok for him as long as it's not full time. I'd love it if he could find a woman who could put up with his moods and rantings yet understand that they are not personal...just part of his illness.

I'm going to try and wean off the Zoloft soon. I've been on it 6mo, and my mood is fine. I do notice husband and I not being as close though. The stress of 2 difficult child's and different ways of personally dealing with them has me concerned. We would be foolish to divorce as neither of us would recover financially. Some husband's need more attention and I think that's mine. I'm learning and seeing what's happening when I'm everything to everyone and spread thin.

If I haven't responded much, it's usually due to time constraints. This post is pretty wordy and usually I can't read wordy posts so this is pretty funny to me. :whew:

Sunny Florida - How do you wean off zoloft? I have been on it for 5 years! Everytime I try I get weepy. Also I have already done menopause and I think it helps me that way. Who knows! I would like to try and get off it too. Let me know how that works for you!

Merris

It sounds like things are going pretty well. I'm so glad! You've been through the wringer a few times if I recall correctly!

Sunny,

I've noticed your absence :wink: and glad to see ya back.

I hope that you are planning on weaning under a doctor's care. Not only does coming off make you weepy, but you can get flu-like symptoms. You have to come off SOOOOOO SLOOOOOWWWWWW.

Also, are you coming off because you feel fine now and you think that you don't need it anymore? If that is the case, chances are you feel fine because you are on it. You may feel worse if you come off of it.

Just words of experience.

Kathy813

Staff member
Hi, Sunny. Good to see you! I always look for your posts and have missed you. I was hoping that things had just calmed down and you were off doing fun things.

Sorry to here about the strain with husband. Having difficult children are tough on the best of marriages.

~Kathy

saving grace

Hi Sunny, I have also noticed your absence. I am glad to hear all is going "ok" In our worlds thats pretty much all we can hope for. Its a good thing if things are "ok".

I agree with BBK about the Zoloft, your probably feeling fine because your on it. Sorry to hear about things being a little off with husband. Hopefully that will work itself out. I was on zoloft and I noticed that I sort of had a flatline feeling, almost like I had no feelings at all. Maybe that has something to do with the feelings with husband??

Grace

Ephchap

Well, hello, my friend. I've missed you! I'm glad the boys are doing better. Working and in school. Ahhh, life is going forward.

The stress our difficult child's put on a marriage is well documented. I think many of us here in the cd family can relate. Add to that your working stressers and being a fairly new grandma, and it's no wonder things are in an upheaval. Hang in there. I sincerely hope you can work through it all.

Sending mega hugs your way. I'm ready for another margarita day! :smile:
Deb