Oh Boy

suecali

Hi I am new. I have attended Alanon and a few other groups to learn about this sad, unfortunate issue.
I have an adult son who was very compulsive and had issues from a very young age.
I have been fighting a battle, with his dad, who later I divorced.. about how to deal with him and consistency.
He has 2 younger sisters that are very compliant and appropriately social.
My son displays anti-social behavior.
Suicide attempt on drugs in my home - I called police and he was taken to a hold.
If he did something incorrect I have done my best to meet the deed with consequence.
He has since been in and out of rehab. And after taking a phone that is mine, and reading some conversation his father was encouraging him to continue substance abuse after a number of overdoses that led to hospitalization. I read a few comments here about gaslighting and I actually used gaslighting to talk to a sister who is far more empathetic with him as she should be. Blame, excuses, etc.
HE took my car and called me from a freeway while i was at work last year. He had no license and was not insured. He ultimately wrote out his deed and photographed the note and photographed himself with the note and placed himself in a program.. police did not want to file a stolen vehicle report. It was insane.
6 months of a program .. cost me nothing and I let him come home. He had a minister who was a mentor.
Long story short I have a very badly damaged credit card and it was cracked and took effort to use. I obtained a new one. Same number though. And i have a trash compactor and I put it in there. Cracked pretty much in half the strip no longer in tact and the chip would work intermittently. And guess who apparently retrieved it?? from garbage on top of it. So now $1000+ and I did absolutely file a report with the police.

Life goes on .. what a pain.

Triedntrue

I am glad you found our little corner of the world. I have to wonder why he is digging through trash. I would watch my credi carefully. It is encouaging that he checked himself into a program. You say he is adult does he have a job? Maybe it is time to encourage him to be on his own.