DammitJanet

All but two pans which are soaking!

I did all the dishes and pans. I wiped down everything. I swepted the floors and I even mopped.

I am exhausted.

I really should get down on my hands and knees to do the floor because the crevices need attention but lord knows I just cant do it.

You would be proud. I just tossed stuff on the counters that I didnt feel like looking at anymore. Half burned candles, old ashtrays...pens...lol.

Andy

Good for you! I only did the dishes and found part of my counter top today. My floors can use a little attention. I bet your kitchen looks great right now. It feels so great when we get into those throw away moods.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well. I can see part of one sink basin and the drainer is clear of washed dishes so I can put some more in there.

I got the kitchen floor swept, but it is going to need hands on knees attention to get it really clean.

I've got pet damage so bad that after I get back from visiting friends and family down South of here; I am having a large part of the floors ripped out and replaced.

It's hard. I am bipolar and that tends to be paralyzing. I'm just glad it is only me dealing with this mess.

Once things are more squared away; I am going to hire someone to come in every other week or so to clean.

DammitJanet

GN...I so know what you mean. Pet damage here too plus damage from two bipolar people plus from when my alzheimers mom was here. Sigh...the carpet is beyond done for.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, my carpet is done for too. And just discovered Nichole broke my brand new vacuum. grrrr

Good for both of you!!!

But be careful. If I do so much I'm exhausted, I can't get back to it for a few days......by then.....it's back to the way it was, and my desire to clean evaporates.

Had to LOL Janet, while I'm cleaning a mess like that, if this family knew the stuff I toss.....I'd never hear the end of it. But they never seem to miss it either. ;)

Would Mandy come over and help you get the floor good?

I love to sit and stare at my newly cleaned room. :)

Hugs

KTMom91

Way to go! I know how hard that kind of cleaning can be.

Lisa, you're right, they never miss the junk you toss, do they?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good for you, Janet! One less room to think about.

When my girls were little and would go visit their dad for a few days, I would go into their rooms with a Hefty bag and just start tossing everything out - all those McDonalds Happy Meal toys, ugh! Broken bits of toys, decrepid dried out play-do, you name it, it was tossed. When they came back, they didn't even notice anything was missing. I also took some things, like stuffed animals and older toys and put them in the attic just to de-clutter.

I need to tackle the junk drawers in the kitchen one of these days...you got me thinking!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, I'm impressed that you tackled the kitchen first.

I usually start with the easiest room (dining room because it's rarely used) :rofl:

Still, I hope you feel good about what you accomplished today. You SHOULD! I'm proud of you, girlfriend! High five!

Suz

maril

I read (some of) the other thread you had about strategies for tackling the jobs and getting help. Star's response (broke everything down) was excellent!

Anyway, Janet, good for you!!! Hopefully, you can enlist others' help, whether those at home or by hiring someone.

I have lots to work on here! Even though I feel I am busy every day and try to keep up with my priorities, as I look around my house, it is very clear I/we need to do some serious cleaning and organizing in the attic, closets, file cabinet, etc. (husband has been on the ball lately, I have mostly not been); magnitude of the tasks is a little bit intimidating, but if I look at it in Star's light (no pun intended), I can better approach the jobs and tackle them one step at a time. My motto lately (and don't know if it is exactly a great one, lol) is "Something is better than nothing." ;) (And that goes for difficult children progress, too...)

tiredmommy

Good for you, Janet! :warrior:

We're having a pool party on Friday with 30+ kids so I will damp mop the floor before but wait to scrub until Friday night! I have a routine for pool parties now: pick up outside, throw in a load of dirty towels, clean upstairs bathroom, clean downstairs (basement) bathroom, scrub the kitchen floor, vacuum everywhere else, do the dishes, more laundry. Order pizza for dinner. They track water, grass & dirt throughout the house!

donna723

Congratulations, Janet! You did better than I did. I sort of cleaned the kitchen yesterday. I did all the dishes except for my little stack of seldom-used pans (cupcake pan, pizza pan, etc.) that have been on the end of the counter for about three months. I wash the cupcake pan when I want to make more cupcakes. Ditto the pizza pan. I cleaned the stove, wiped down the counter tops and sort of swept the floor (only got the big chunks that had been bothering me). But I did enough that I can catch up today.

And I don't have anybody to blame but myself ... and three dogs. It's amazing how messy they can be. My computer is in my dining room and right now I'm looking at SIX dog toys on the floor just in this one room - I just walk around them. If I put them back where they belong, they get them right back out again. And for the last week I've had one with tummy problems and I've been following her around with the carpet shampooer - thank God her medicine is finally starting to kick in!

Janet, if you get to the point of hiring a cleaning lady (and I hope that you will - make it easier on YOU!) I would be hitting Billy up for his third of what you have to pay someone to clean your house.

DammitJanet

I have decided that today is going to be my bathroom day. It is a real mess and I know if I can get it done, it will stay done. Or I know I can make it stay done. We all know a kitchen will be an ongoing process.

However a bathroom that really only I use much...well I can keep that up more easily.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Two hardest rooms first Janet? OMG you're brave!

Some miracle has kept our bathroom semi clena since I cleaned it for Mom's visit. Wish I could say the same for the laundryroom............ which is attached to the bathroom. ugh

Crank up the music. And remember not to overdo.

Hugs

witzend

Today beyond keeping husband on task on a project (fixing the deck so that Mandy can't bound out into the yard and tear up the lawn) I also have to do lots of laundry and pick up clutter which is EVERYWHERE. What is it with the laundry, anyway? I'm pretty sure I just did it two days ago and there's only two of us!

DammitJanet

Im not even attempting laundry...HUSH!!! Dont give me ideas...lol.

I am taking a break. I have cleared out (I am ashamed to admit this) 5 bags of trash from my master bathroom! I have swept the floor and sprayed cleanser on the counters, dumped toilet cleaner in the toilet and sprayed tough spots on the floor. Now Im letting things marinate while I take a small break.

I have put the SIRUIS music station on the TV in my bedroom and done it by working for two songs and resting for two songs. About all I can do.

I have also asked Billy to start working on the bedroom that he used to be in and get rid of all the garbage in that room. We shall see if that works. God knows he doesnt want me to just go in there and throw everything away...lol.

Tomorrow I am gonna work an hour on my room. That should be pretty easy really. I can probably get it entirely clean. I just have some small trash that the dog has dragged in and some clothes on the floor that need washing and stuff like that. Few toys from Keyana.

This is keeping me motivated...lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You go girl! :D

Darn if you haven't got me motivated!

But my back is still giving me fits......some I'm only tossing in loads of laundry at the moment. Back is better than yesterday so am hoping by tomorrow it won't be hurting. Then I can dig in and really start the cleaning.

Don't worry about the trash. Cleaning the kitchen for Mom to visit...husband carried 8 lawn bags of garbage out! :faint: I swear to God my kids haven't a clue what a trash can is for!!! Scarey part is the week before I'd cleaned out all the trash getting ready to do some cleaning. OMG where does all the trash come from??? Course I did clean out the frig, pantry and such......but STILL. ugh!!

trinityroyal

Janet, sounds like you've found your groove and you're making some real progress. I hope Billy's fear of your approach to cleaning (pitch EVERYTHING) will get him motivated to do the chores you've asked of him.

OMG where does all the trash come from???

I think that garbage multiplies at night when we're not paying attention. Just like odd-side socks in the dryer and stray bits of lego that sneak out of their containers.

We have garbage and recycling bins provided by the city that we have to use. Our recycling bin is big enough for me to stand up in. With the lid down and my arms straight out at my sides! After last week's collection, husband went through the house collecting junk and scraps, and the bin was full again by that afternoon.

Scary!

DammitJanet

What really gets me down is how the kitchen just wont stay clean...boo hiss! I begged for someone else...anyone but me...to just wash up the dishes after us as we ate but no go...nothing got cleaned. Sigh. So that is my job for tomorrow too. I simply cannot stand up anymore today. I am past had it.