OK. Who started all the computer "issues" stuff?

T

TeDo

I have been fighting all day with my d**** computer. All of a sudden this morning a box pops up saying my printer spooler subsystem app has stopped working and had to close. I haven't had my printer on at all today. So I have spent literally hours finding solutions on-line and deleting things, rebooting, reinstalling, only to have to keep doing it because nothing works. As of right now, I have no printer installed on my computer and according to the "fixes" and suggestions I've found it is not a problem with my printer itself. According to many, it has something to do with Adobe.

I give up. I'm going to call a techni-geek tomorrow before this *bleepity bleeping bleep bleep bleep* ends up through my window and out in the lawn in pieces. I just don't know where the money is going to come from to pay the guy. That is another issue all it's own.

Thanks for letting me vent and I really DO want to know who started all this "bad karma".

InsaneCdn

Nobody had to start anything.
Its almost year end...

I'm guessing some snarky programmer wants to be the grinch who stole christmas... and wreck the next 3 weeks for all of us... so he planned a bug around the end of the 2011 calendar year, starting, oh, about 21 days ahead of that...

Just my current theory.
Hopefully, it's not MY machine that gets hit - I've got DEADLINES for the next 16+ weeks!

T

TeDo

The thing is, as long as I don't try to install A printer my computer runs just fine. That's the part that's so frustrating. If the printer (that I've had for 4 years) isn't the problem from everything I've found regarding this issue, why does my computer work fine and no boxes pop up when there is NO printer installed? I just dont get it.

buddy

Awww sorry TeDo! what a bummer. and like our other computer bummed friend, system restore did nothing for you? so can you completely uninstall adobe reader? and even your printer? then just go back and install them? I hate that adobe has so many updates, I think at times the permissions are too much for that one. But of course we need it to view so much. Maybe it will magically fix itself tomorrow??? mine did that once.

T

TeDo

MOST of the boys' school stuff requires Adobe. The printer we can work around temporarily. I just give up on uninstalling and reinstalling anything right now because I have been doing that for the last 12 1/2 hours with nothing to show for it.

InsaneCdn

In the past, I've had issues with...
1) too many upgrades on stuff, that goes beyond the level of O/S that I'm on... e.g. Windows NT o/s but software wants at least Vista...
2) too many upgrades on a system that's had too many upgrades... i.e. system becomes dinosaur and roars

A tech-head who can be hands-on, can probably sort it out for you - but really hard to do from a distance. (i.e. I can't check bios, system tracks, etc.!)

T

TeDo

Love the smileys you chose buddy. That is EXACTLY how I feel right now!!! I couldn't have shown you any better myself! That about says it all.

Insane, if you're offering, fly on down.

InsaneCdn

TeDo... while the trip would be a wonderful break... I'm not a "easy child" tech-head.... so, while there's a chance I could do something, its not my specialty...

{{hugs}}
I had a day like that a couple weeks back... problem ended up not even being my system, but help-desk wanted me to erase and re-load my whole easy child (I said no... didn't make sense)... ended up being a problem with the system I connect to on their side...! (your's will be local... )

The person you probably REALLY need is Janet's oldest...

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My $0.02... And I am a tech-geek...

You said you need Adobe, but that's easy enough.

Caveat: If you have Adobe Pro, make sure you write down your license #, then on step 3, reinstall from disk/download Adobe Pro instead of the reader.

1. Uninstall Adobe.

2. Reinstall your printer. If you still get pop-up boxes, you have a virus. Go to Microsoft.com and download the free Security Essentials. They ROCK. Install them, run them. If you can't or it locks up, call the Geek Squad! LOL

3. Go the Adobe website, and download the PDF reader again.