Pack Rat Hades

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG!

Not sure what to say except OH My GOD!!!!

Yes, I've always known husband was a packrat and for 28 yrs I did what I could to keep it down to manageable levels......school for 4 yrs let it get somewhat out of control again.......But evidentlly even with me tossing stuff when husband was at work or whatever did not do as much as I thought.

I'm upstairs working..........I've got to find those winter clothes. I think to myself I'll just grab the laundry and toss husband's clothes into bags for the goodwill. That alone is a lot of work. Uh, nope. Didn't work out that way. At the beginning of the hot weather husband moved our bedroom around. He wanted ac every night......I actually can't stand ac and would rather have the window open if weather permits. So after all these years he finally got tired of taking the ac in and out of the window (yes if I wanted fresh air I'd make him move it lol ) and rearraged the bedroom to make the other window available for the ac unit. Being a man.........he didn't bother to clean the room before, during, or after this procedure. I was tied up caring for easy child and her broken ankle.
So........to GET TO his clothes in the closet or his dresser, I had to clean. When I cleaned I found MORE laundry......evidently he buried a considerable amount when he moved the room around which explains my missing clothes.

Sooooooo Like it or not I'm cleaning in there. I don't have a choice. To get to anything, I have to clean and sort and make my way over to it. Holy Smokes! Once I made it to the dresser....the first two drawers are cram packed with junk. :faint:

So much for I'm just doing laundry and coupons today. sheesh

T

TeDo

I have a feeling from what you've said so far that you are no where near the end of the "surprises". I just hope there are some good ones and maybe even some happy ones. Hope you find the winter clothes soon. It feels like it's here already where I'm at.

InsaneCdn

Lisa...
You might want to do a bit of housecleaning with your PMs... went to send you a PM but can't 'cause your box is overflowing...

Thanks!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ok IC, is a bit late tonight to do so.......I'll try to get some deleted tomorrow. My internet has been having severe hiccups in service the past couple of weeks so my online time is spotty. Which is why I'm online at 2am when i should be sleeping. lol

I can't take pics.......I think I cleaned up too much for that. And I'd be awfully embarrassed. It would be nice though to actually have it look like I did 4 hrs of work in a room when I quit........

InsaneCdn

Lisa...
When we moved into our current house, we didn't even let anybody else see it... not until we were 75% done the renos... because it was THAT BAD... so bad, that we didn't even take "before" pictures... I ain't taking pics of before my clean-up project either!

No problem - I'll try again tomorrow... (or is that "late today"?? given that by the time this posts, it may well show as midnight!)

DDD

Here's hoping you find some kind of hidden treasure amongst the ruins. Don't forget to check pockets before bagging up the clothes. DDD

by the way I have been thinking about others going through my things when I am gone. (No, I don't expect anything bad to happen soon but ya never know.) I have reams of paperwork from the boys. All kinds of psychiatric evaluations, all kinds of school records, all kinds of jail records etc. I don't want relatives going through them. It seems odd to get rid of them. Hmmm...it's worrisome. Trying to get psyched up to weed through and destroy. Strange thought.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
DDD, I'm doing mine as much as I can while I'm at it. I figure it will save the kids trouble if something should happen to me........and it will sooner or later. The less paperwork / clutter they have to go through the better.

And I did find a treasure or two tucked away.........One really startled me as I've never come across it before so I'm thinking it was a recent purchase by husband.