Prayers needed please

JMom

My son was injured last night while wrestling with a friend. Not professional wrestling, just friends messing around. He thought he just hurt his back. When I got off duty, I went to check on him and he looked so bad.

I took him to the ER. After waiting in my car for four hours (bc of Covid), a doctor came out and told me his neck was broken and they were going to transport him to a trauma center. He was moved to ICU and is waiting to see a surgeon. I can’t see him or be with him. He seems to be handling it well but I am scared.
I did a lot of praying to calm myself. You guys Have been part of this journey for 5 years. Please keep him in your prayers.
Thank you,
JMOM

Nandina

Oh, Jmom, I’m so sorry to hear this. You most definitely have my prayers and love.

Please keep us posted as to how he’s doing.

Hugs,

Nandina

MissLulu

I am sending you love and prayers. A broken neck sounds terrifying but it is not always as bad as it seems. My brother broke a vertebra in his spine in a motorcycle accident and made a full recovery. Also, my elderly uncle broke his neck in a fall before Christmas and it took a while but he is well now. There’s lots of room to be hopeful. You and your son have my prayers xxx

Copabanana

JMom. I am astonished that this has happened and that this could so easily happened with horsing around. I am so sorry this is made even harder by Coronavirus. Thank goodness he was moved to a Trauma Center and that they are seeking appropriate intervention and care. I can't tell you how I wish you weren't in this situation. My son was hospitalized for a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and transferred to a trauma center. All I could do was scream.

I am reading and re-reading MissLulu's post above, which is giving me heart. I am praying for you and for your son and I will continue.

Love.

Estherfromjerusalem

Dear JMom, I specially logged in again just now in order to write to you (I haven't been logged in for quite a few months). I read your post and I understand your worry. My very best friend who is my age (I am 75 now) broke her neck about 12 years ago. It was because of whiplash in a car accident. She was operated on, and her head was in a sort of cage for quite a few weeks, but today she is fine. I think moving her head to one side is slightly limited, but other than that she is fine. And that was in her 60s. So since your son is a young man I presume his chances of recovery are higher, and I just wanted you to know that it IS possible to recover from a broken neck, and I hope the doctors where he is being treated will be able to do for him what was done for my friend.

Please let us know how things progress. I pray that he will recover.

Love, Esther

newstart

My son was injured last night while wrestling with a friend. Not professional wrestling, just friends messing around. He thought he just hurt his back. When I got off duty, I went to check on him and he looked so bad.

I took him to the ER. After waiting in my car for four hours (bc of Covid), a doctor came out and told me his neck was broken and they were going to transport him to a trauma center. He was moved to ICU and is waiting to see a surgeon. I can’t see him or be with him. He seems to be handling it well but I am scared.
I did a lot of praying to calm myself. You guys Have been part of this journey for 5 years. Please keep him in your prayers.
Thank you,
JMOM

JMOM, I am sorry to read this sad news. My prayers are for complete and total healing, mind, body and spirit and a quick recovery for your son. My prayers also go to you, for your strength and clear thinking.

Kalahou

Following along with you JMom. Keeping you and son and family in thoughts, love, prayers.
Take care. Stay strong.

JMom

Thank you for all your prayers. His surgery went well. I got to spend about 4 hours with him. They let him sit up and watch a movie. He was so mad that I wouldn’t hug him. Lol. His bed alarm kept going off. Lol.

I left so he would quit fussing over his hug. Mama gave him forehead kisses!!!
I’ll keep posting. It surely helps. Well now he’s 3 days sober and said he has a head start on getting it out of his system.

That is so good to hear. I know someone who had a broken neck from a car accident who has recovered after surgery and is now back at work. So now just takes some time to heal.

MissLulu

So happy to hear his surgery went well. Sending hugs to you and best wishes to your son for a full and speedy recovery.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
JMom

Good grief I am off on the weekends and just read this. Wow wow wow. So glad surgery went well.

I am sure you are watching his pain medications. This is the scariest thing for me with our son's past pill use.

Sending prayers. Keep us posted.

Virtual hugs to all of you!!

Helpless29

I’m so sorry, I haven’t been on here for a few days, I will be praying for you & your son’s recovery 🙏🏼 I’m glad to hear his surgery went well & you were able to spend time with him.Please keep us updated.