Prescription Help

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I know there is help via drug co's extra.....I'm just both too exhausted and got to huge a headache from Evan to hunt for them.

Had Katie in the ER for a bad migraine. doctor scripted her medications she's out of topomax and imatrex....500 bucks and evidently walmart doesn't do generic for these??:surprise: Hospital gave us a 1 800 # to call........useless as hospital has to call them to get it filled. ughhhh

She needs these medications asap and gawd only knows when welfare insurance will ever kick in.:tongue:

She can get the pain medication (a joke) and the anti nausea medication filled for fairly cheap. Which is basically going to do squat.....ER pain shots were worthless as they won't give a narcotic for even a migraine. :mad:

Thanks in advance......would have done the search myself but my own head is now pounding......

DammitJanet

www.freerxhotline.com I believe. There is also a toll free number that I gave to star I believe but I dont have it written down on paper, it is in a text in my phone and I cant get to it when I am on the computer...lol. If you pm me your phone number I can text it to you!

KTMom91

Susiestar posted a site not too long ago, but of course I don't remember what it is...let me go look...

yourrxcard.com

Not free, but deep discounts. Of course, I couldn't find it on the site...I had to check my email because I'd sent it to Miss KT, who apparently has actually used it!

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
Also check your utility company for discount programs. We already had a keychain thing that gave us about the same discount as the rxcard link. Not free by any means, but better than retail.

H

HaoZi

When insurance gave us the run-around getting kiddo's medications I called the drug company's customer service line and asked if they had any trial offer codes or some such available. After explaining her situation (she was totally out of medications by then and due a dose in five hours), they said they would call the pharmacy with the code. I had her medication in my hand less than an hour later.
Topamax "Call the Ortho-McNeil Janssen Scientific Affairs Customer Communications Center at 1-800-526-7736, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm"
Imitrex is GlaxoSmithKline
US Customer Response Center:
+1 888 825 5249

DammitJanet

For some reason my PM box isnt letting me access it right now...ugh. Listen, DSS has to still have the BS and SS cards still somewhere in their files. They may be on computerized records by now but they are there somewhere. They just dont want to go to the work of finding them. There is also some little known sentence in their manuals that says that they have to "help the customers attain the paperwork if said customers cant find the items themselves." Customers are what caseworkers are supposed to call clients instead of clients...lol. Tickled me back then. I was a client of my electric company but a customer of the welfare office! How backwards.

Of course, they can probably get the paperwork from schools too. Those things shouldnt be the stuff to hold it up. They should have the records from when she got it for at least her and the two older ones years ago and they can call or even look it up on the computer to see she got it in the other state. The same numbers would be used for her and the two older ones for medicaid and food stamps for the family. Its just the way its done.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yeah, Janet that's what I thought. And I know for a fact they have hers, Kayla's and Alex's on file from last time they were here. We plan to go in tomorrow and have a cow on them and get someone to look hers up. And to see what is holding up the foodstamps as the paperwork for that has all been done. Yet status is still pending although Mo already did their part. (fast which surprised me)

mom_to_3

Xubex.com

We are the leading provider of professional pharmaceutical services and patient assistance program. Our patient assistance program in partnership with leading providers of pharmaceutical care providers offers low cost medications for virtually all brand or generic medications. Our innovative program provides pharmaceutical services to qualified individuals for as low as $20 for a 3 months supply of medication.