MICHL

This week is difficult child's medication check... He's been on Abilify & tenex for forever... and he is maxed out on the dosages. He still has all the same issues, although the medications taken at night help him wind down for sleep at a decent hour, and i suppose they do curb some of his agressive behavior during the day although it's hard to believe... He's already trialed almost everything out there. I don't know what to ask her for, or does he keep sailing along on what he is on now? He has no care of personal hygiene. Ocassionally he will spiff up for something, but mostly he looks bad and doesn't care. He gets aggressive when he doesn't get what he wants and if he wants something he gets obsessive about it. as far as mood stabilizers... depakote & lithium were disasters. Focalin seemed to help only a little bit at first. name it and he's probably tried it.. Not much more to try. Any suggestions?

LittleDudesMom

M, I don't have any medication suggestions - seems like your difficult child has been on a the "first line" and most of the "second line" medications - hopefully doctor has some ideas. I know the great members around here will have some suggestions. Hang in there.

Sharon

smallworld

My son has mild Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). We just interviewed a new psychiatrist for when my son returns from his Residential Treatment Center (RTC). The psychiatrist said that kids on the spectrum typically respond well to stimulants and atypical antipsychotics and not to mood stabilizers and SSRIs. They also need intensive interventions like social skills therapy and training in life skills.

Good luck with the appointment.

Wiped Out

Staff member
My difficult child has also been on almost every medication. Lamictal helped for awhile and the Topamax helps some. Right now the Clozapine is helping some (can you tell nothing is working miracles-lol). Loxapine is another ap that has helped difficult child.