Purses....(too burned out from a long week to think of a catchy title)

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
It all depends on the “why”............
Mine is pretty simple. I love to decorate and when I see something I like, I want to measure it to see if it will fit where in my minds eye I see it going.

Now you must tell us the "why" for yours :tongue:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I have 3 what I call "bags". All are designer. The most expensive one cost me 30 dollars.

One is a pale beige, large convertible leather bag, fairly plain. The other is a large, woven fabric, colorfully striped convertible. Got both of those at garage sales. The 3rd, the 30 dollar one, and the only one I can remember the name of, is a Coach that I bought on e-Bay. It is a small, very plain, saddle-tan, shoulder bag, rather battered and probably about 35 years old. I was scanning e-bay, saw the bag, bid 30 dollars on it, and won the bid. I was rather surprised, but it's a nice bag and I decided not to restore it.

AppleCori

Mine is pretty simple. I love to decorate and when I see something I like, I want to measure it to see if it will fit where in my minds eye I see it going.

Now you must tell us the "why" for yours :tongue:

I would like to leave it to everyone’s imagination, but....

It’s really quite boring.

We were thinking of buying a rental house, and I needed to measure the room’s dimensions, and they don’t publish that information in this state.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Forgot the strangest thing question too.

My strangest thing is probably a post it note I have from each one of my sons with their handwriting on it.

My oldest son wrote me a thank you for some birthday cupcakes I made him - it was from a long time ago and can't remember why he wrote it on a post it note.

The other one is from my youngest son that wrote a list of some toiletry type things he needed from Walgreens that he wrote recently in his rehab program.

I just could not throw either of them out because it has their handwriting on it and you rarely see people's handwriting nowadays. It just had meaning to me.
:morethanchocolate::flowers:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I have one of husband's "brain books" (tiny, military-issue notebooks in which he wrote EVERYTHING down due to his ADHD) in which, amongst his usual lists of things to do while in the military, procedures, schedules and such, he wrote, "I need a GN hug!"

That's not in my purse. It's in a safe deposit box with a few other little treasures like that. It was one he had with him during Desert Storm and Desert Shield, and it is grease and soot stained and very fragile.

When I die, it will be disposed of along with my remains. I had thought cremation but am looking at more eco-friendly alternatives.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I told hubby if he goes first, I want to get him condensed into a diamond.

I had first heard of that after husband was cremated and before I scattered his ashes. At the time, it was extremely costly.

I also don't know how eco friendly it is as I assume it would take a tremendous amount of energy to create the heat and pressure needed to turn the ashes into diamond, especially as it would involve splitting carbon off the phosphate and calcium in the ashes.

husband was very specific about wanting to be cremated, what words he wanted said (he was a Pagan), and where he wanted his ashes scattered. (a spring in the last remaining virgin forest in WI, which was clearcut a few years later...sigh)

KTMom91

Handbags! All of mine are Dooney & Bourke, and I switch out when I get tired of one pattern. I'm currently carrying one that has fruit on it, and have my eye on a new one with a palm frond pattern. I've been collecting Dooneys for the last 30 years or so.

The weirdest thing in my handbag? I have my Pusheen lanyard for school, complete with whistle. I don't really carry anything weird.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The weirdest thing in my handbag is actually quite sensible. It's a paramedic's tool, which is a device with a weighted hammer thingy to break auto glass, and shielded hooked blade to cut seatbelt webbing.

I've carried one since I began driving.

It's the equivalent of the horseman's tool I carried for years, with a hoofpick and a nearly identical hooked blade to cut strapping that a horse and/or rider might have become entangled in.

Pink Elephant

Do you like a specific brand/brands? I'm not brand specific per se, just whatever jumps out at me.

How many do you have? I have 3, but only use one. I also have several clutches.

Do you go for basic brown and black, or do you have colorful ones for different outfits? I have one somewhat colourful one, a soft-sided one... hippie like if you will, but the others are brown tones.

What is the most you have ever spent on a purse? Not much, like maybe $20.

Describe your favorite purse. My soft leather one, with a long strap, and it's the perfect light brown colour. Roomy, classy, so me.

Do you even care about purses? Sure! LOL! A woman's got to have something to carry around her money, glasses, cigarettes, and gum in!

Does a friend have a purse you secretly covet? Not really.

What is the strangest thing in your purse right now? My house keys that have an old diaper pin on the ring.

Have you ever sold your old ones on eBay/other community board? No, but garage/yard sale, yes.

Have you ever done a “purse scavenger hunt”? I was a a convention once (all women) and they did this. It was quite interesting to see what people inadvertently carry around with them. I have done this at other smaller gatherings, and it’s been quite entertaining. Oh yes, more than a few times in my day. Old gum and candy wrappers, one of my kids old soothers, old bills and receipts and bank machine print-outs, dinner mints (wrapped) from restaurants, you name it.

AppleCori

Hi, OH

Haven’t seen you around here in a while!

What’s going on?

I’m sitting here letting my nails dry.

Hubby is watching baseball. I like baseball, but only if I am actually at the game. Otherwise, I have a hard time sitting through it.

Glad you made it to the thread!

Have a great day..

Apple

Pink Elephant

Hi Apple!

Glad to drop-in for a visit with everyone today! :)

Not much is happening, other than doing a few things around the house today and waiting to put supper on.

Hope all is well with you! What a fun thread this is!

Do you have long nails? I had SUPER long nails when my kids were little, then as I got older and older, my nails got shorter and shorter. I'm at a point now where they're not long but not short, if that makes any sense. LOL!

Wishing you a great day as well!

AppleCori

No, my nails are a medium length.

What’s for supper tonight?

We are going out to a Japanese steak house. Special occasion. Plus, we just got through studying Japan, so it will be fun.

Pink Elephant

Medium length is easier than long. I remember how upset I used to get when I'd break a nail. LOL! Couldn't wait for it to grow long again.

As for supper tonight, a good old-fashioned meat & potatoes night! Homemade hamburger patties, with steamed baby potatoes (red), and a side of asparagus. Nothing special but a tasty meal to warm the insides on a cold blowy day.

Supper sounds delicious for you tonight! Lucky you! :)

Have a great time, Apple!

BusynMember

Ok so I do t know how to copy and paste stuff that is written in two colors and doing it the normal way doesn't work. So I will try to wing it.

If I could get away without lugging a purse with me, I would.

I have had a few purses here and there that I thought were cute. In high school I had a fringe suede purse I still remember. Lately I like a lot of zippers to compartmentalize my purse junk.

I have one purse at a time. Don't want to have to empty my purse and restuff my purse junk each time I go out.

As you can imagine, the brand of purse to me is insignificant. I buy many at thrift shops or garage sales but not at Walmart because the zippers break. I even sometimes buy a purse that is pretty nice (in my eyes...haha).

I am very tiny so I try to pack all my crapola into small purses. Size and zippers are most important. And no long hanging straps that will brush the ground.

I buy purses that match everything and have no idea how much I spent on my most expensive purse.

I am going to make sure to get a cute, tropical flavor purse before hubby and I travel. It will be the first time I put much thought into my purse that I can recall.

On nails, I have a nasty habit of biting my nails and don't recall when I have not. I am going to get false pretty nails for Jumpers wedding otherwise I will probably still bite them. I don't even know when I do it. It is my only vice...I don't drink or smoke do I will continue to bite my nails when I am anxious.

Fun question!!!

Last edited:

Pink Elephant

Ok so I do t know how to copy and paste stuff that is written in two colors and doing it the normal way doesn't work. So I will try to wing it.

If I could get away without lugging a purse with me, I would.

I have had a few purses here and there that I thought were cute. In high school I had a fringe suede purse I still remember. Lately I like a lot of zippers to compartmentalize my purse junk.

I have one purse at a time. Don't want to have to empty my purse and restuff my purse junk each time I go out.

As you can imagine, the brand of purse to me is insignificant. I buy many at thrift shops or garage sales but not at Walmart because the zippers break. I even sometimes buy a purse that is pretty nice (in my eyes...haha).

I am very tiny so I try to pack all my crapola into small purses. Size and zippers are most important. And no long hanging straps that will brush the ground.

I buy purses that match everything and have no idea how much I spent on my most expensive purse.

I am going to make sure to get a cute, tropical flavor purse before hubby and I travel. It will be the first time I put much thought into my purse that I can recall.

On nails, I have a nasty habit of biting my nails and don't recall when I have not. I am going to get false pretty nails for Jumpers wedding otherwise I will probably still bite them. I don't even know when I do it. It is my only vice...I don't drink or smoke do I will continue to bite my nails when I am anxious.

Fun question!!!
Super easy, SOT. I simply copy and paste the body of the OP entry into my reply, then for every question I answer, I hold down the left button on my mouse so as to highlight what it is that I wrote, then I visit the text colour above, select blue (or whatever colour you wish), and ta-da, you have a post that has the original posters black entry, with you replies being in another colour! :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Actually, I've been known to go out on a quick errand run with my driver's license, my ins card, and debit card, leaving my bag at home.

As regards nails, mine grow like crazy, but are heavily ridged due to the connective tissue/fibro stuff. I keep them quite short as they get in the way on the keyboard.

I keep one, usually my left, thumbnail a bit longer as I use it for peeling labels and a various other "tool" sort of things.

I also touch type, but don't quite do it properly, so only use my right thumb on the space bar and my left little finger on the shift key.

At 70 wpm when taking it easy, I'm not going to try to fix it.