Purses....(too burned out from a long week to think of a catchy title)

Pink Elephant

Actually, I've been known to go out on a quick errand run with my driver's license, my ins card, and debit card, leaving my bag at home.

As regards nails, mine grow like crazy, but are heavily ridged due to the connective tissue/fibro stuff. I keep them quite short as they get in the way on the keyboard.

I keep one, usually my left, thumbnail a bit longer as I use it for peeling labels and a various other "tool" sort of things.

I also touch type, but don't quite do it properly, so only use my right thumb on the space bar and my left little finger on the shift key.

At 70 wpm when taking it easy, I'm not going to try to fix it.
Oh, how I loved my long finger nails back in the day! I used them for opening presents (peeling the tape back), peeling off glued on labels, and popping open sticky tapes on disposable diapers was made easy with long nails!

Triedntrue

I usually leave my purse in the car and stick my cards that i need in my pocket. However i recently got a phone case that lets me carry my cards in it.

Lil

However i recently got a phone case that lets me carry my cards in it.

I LOVE these!

I had one for my last phone that was Van Gogh's Starry Night. It had a stand for when you wanted the phone for viewing video, etc. and it had three card spots and a place for folding money. It was fab! BUT, I got a new phone. No more phone case. My new one is just a standard protective case, though it has glitter in it. I'd like to get a new one for the new phone and I suppose I better do it now since phones change so fast! Before you know it, your phone is "obsolete" and you can't get any accessories for it. I really only haven't because my husband's otter box case interferes with the wireless charger and I'm afraid I'd have to be taking my phone out of the case every night.

But those little "phone wallets" are wonderful for when you just want to grab and go.

BusynMember

Often, when hub is with me, I don't carry my purse in a store at all. Husband would rather wait in the car while I go in and shop, taking in only my one debit card. I don't like hauling a purse around unless I absolutely have to! And I have a little purse for a little person! I still consider it extra stuff.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I am a purse aholic, and they mostly are Coach with some Channel, Madden and Michael Kors. Large ones that you could probably hide a small child in :( I still have Coach purses from 30 years ago that I still use. Thankfully my better half has been helping a friend clean out storage units, so my stash of designer purses have grown quite a bit. We are having a garage sale next month with the rest of the block, and will probably be unloading some, especially some of the smaller hand strap ones. Am going to plead the fifth on how much I will spend on a purse (or shoes which is another one of the things I collect.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Large ones that you could probably hide a small child in
:rofl:
Now if that were true, that would be the strangest "thing" in a purse.

Nothing wrong with big purses. I think my next purse will be a bit larger than my current one.

Lil

Jabber tells me his sisters had "movie purses". In other words, ones big enough to carry in sodas and snacks so they didn't have to spend money at the theater concession stand.

BusynMember

Oh Lil! Those!

My purses when I was younger and had kid stuff to carry around were much bigger and I stuffed sodas in my purse too.

Two bucks for a small Coke? Five for a large??? Not me!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My mother had the giant purse for going to movies as well. We also brought in our own snacks and beverages. Going to the movies was a major expense for my family without paying for concessions. Much of the time we used to go to drive-ins where bringing in your own food wasn't a big deal. Parents used to stuff us kids in our pajamas and off we'd go. I have very early memories of my father carrying half-asleep me up the 6 flights of fire escape stairs to our 3rd floor apartment after a double-feature. My mother must've been pregnant with my sister at that time. Don't envy her climbing those stairs at all.