Question??? Confused

vchaffin

Im fairly new to the group myself but have been welcomed.Was just wondering what all these abbreveations mean like "difficult child" I figured out diagnosis is diagnosis. But the other ones have me stumped.

MuM_of_OCD_kiddo

There is a "sticky" with all the abbreviations in this forum. It is easier + faster though, if you hover your cursor over the abbreviations that are underscored - if you wait a moment it will tell you what it stands for...

InsaneCdn

Don't feel bad. We all went through that stage!
I was fortunate to have spent years around nursing terminology, so... was familiar with diagnosis, rx, therapist, psychiatrist, etc.
But difficult child? Nope. Someone asked before I did, so I learned that way, but...

Yes, its confusing.
Almost as confusing as going onto a website for some technical area - civil engineering, or information technology - if it isn't your own field of work... What is a TDD? (no its not a telephone device for the deaf - at least, not in MY industry)!

But like anything else, come play along and before you know it you'll be telling us about your difficult child's latest diagnosis, or rx change, or problems with the therapist... just like the rest of us!