Question of the day... washing floors

Pink Elephant

Is it just me, or does washing floors become harder the older you get? LOL!

- How often do you wash the floors in your home?

- Do you wash them the old-fashioned way with bucket and cloth (on your hands and knees), or the modern way with a newfangled mop?

- If you wash floors on your hands and knees, what type of cleaner do you use?

- Do you move things out of the way when you wash floors (kitchen table and chairs, etc), or do you simply go around?

- Does anyone old-fashioned mop? i.e. bucket on wheels with built-in wringer?

Pink Elephant

- How often do you wash the floors in your home? Bathroom floors get washed every single day, main floor areas get washed once a week, twice if needed

- Do you wash them the old-fashioned way with bucket and cloth (on your hands and knees), or the modern way with a newfangled mop? The old-fashioned way... bucket, cloth, and on hands and knees

- If you wash floors on your hands and knees, what type of cleaner do you use? Used Pine-Sol (with real pine oil) for decades, until they discontinued due to cost of pine oil. Now use Lysol Power Fresh (blue)

- Do you move things out of the way when you wash floors (kitchen table and chairs, etc), or do you simply go around? Always move things out of the way to wash under

- Does anyone old-fashioned mop? i.e. bucket on wheels with built-in wringer? I don't, but have experience mopping like that from my past

BusynMember

- How often do you wash the floors in your home? Once a week. More if needed

- Do you wash them the old-fashioned way with bucket and cloth (on your hands and knees), or the modern way with a newfangled mop? Mop without wheels and sponge mop.

- If you wash floors on your hands and knees, what type of cleaner do you use? I dont get down on hands and knees and use whatever we pcked up on sale.

- Do you move things out of the way when you wash floors (kitchen table and chairs, etc), or do you simply go around? Not usually. Mop around table and chairs usually.

- Does anyone old-fashioned mop? i.e. bucket on wheels with built-in wringer? I have to do it this way when I wash floor at work...lol. But I dont do this at home.

If they had an electric mop that washed floor efficiently, for me thats what I'd use it...lol. often husband does floors. He does them like I do.

Lil

Floors get washed? By people?
6ac954340dcd010db54fee3ac18d8dbe--boston-marathon-bostonterrier.jpg

Isn't that my dogs' job?

AppleCori

My dog actually does like to lick the shower floor after someone showers...and, yes, the dogs always have fresh water in their bowl! It's a bit strange....

i wipe down my bathroom floor every day after my shower, along with my shower, sink, and toilet.

Once per week I swiffer all the floors. I do all my weekly cleaning on Thursdays, when daughter takes enrichment classes.

I do move the kitchen chairs, but only occasionally move the table.

I do it the "flylady" way...quick and simple.

Anyone remember stripping and rewaxing linoleum?