Read any good books lately?

KTMom91

There are two that really resonated with me - The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah and Watch Me Disappear by Janelle Brown. I reviewed them a while ago, but they were so good that I keep recommending them over and over.

Recently I reviewed The Invited by Jennifer McMahon. It was pretty good,very creepy, and it kept me wondering who the ghost really was and what she wanted. Just finished Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews. I like her stuff. Fun to read, kind of chick lit but not really, and this one was a mystery.

What about you? What's good, what's not?

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I normally read true crime but have been reading memoirs lately and am really enjoying them. I am able to read samples via Amazon Kindle site so can decide if I like them enough to purchase.

Some good ones are:
Frozen Dinners: A Memoir of a Fractured Family by Elaine Ambrose
Lost in the Reflecting Pool by Diana Pomerantz
Fourteen: A Daughter's Memoir of Adventure, Sailing and Survival by Leslie Johansen Nack
The Broken Circle: A Memoir of Escaping Afghanistan by Enjeela Ahmadi-Miller (I did not think I'd like this but wow it was good)

AppleCori

have been reading memoirs lately

Have you heard of Six Word Memoirs? It’s a book and a movement!

I have been thinking of starting a thread on this.

Picking a six-word memoir to describe your life, or various stages of your life. Could be fun.

Noshtau

Lightworker/Sensitive-friendly recoverer
Disclaimer: I'm that guy who switches subjects every paragraph but has a logical tie.

I often read PubMed articles, go on deviantArt/FB/Twitter and click up to the 7th Google tab on deep 'pathways to medical info' as my main daily digest and the last time I had a 'liquid book' (LOL, liquid money vs virtual) spree was during my temporary fostering from internet shortage, and the library was our only opportunity. I read books on spiritual shaminism, aura healing and astral projection with neurology, and I had an inner change. I amazed everyone with my interest, but this is fact; can't say they would never understand. They just have to stop the meth and heroin-tier drugs.

Also thanks Legault Party for giving weed accessible to everyone in the underground with your legalization. I can't even care once with everyone asking 'have you tried CBD?'. I don't care about people's opinions or lifestyles that big ― not at all, mostly ― what's even offensive today when it always changes and my own psychology supervision? Could I continue to care and feel freethink violated? My societal bar is worn out. and live mainly in my own imaginationland because boring humans. Quebec is always a funny province. We are the few to have huge scandals about simple weather damage costing refunds to every affected person. How can they know who is affected.

K, time to focus on important things.

This and a combination of esoteric, spirituality, shaman/LW (Lightworker) information, channeling on FB/YT lightworkers

Many scientific articles have huge annoying formatting flaws; they rewrite the entire definition of their condition targeted as if a newbie, then drop a line or two about the actual subject and 85% of the rest is miscellaneous quotes and treatment rats. In India, they're pretty crazy about medical studies and enginerring, but are among the top doctors with their own boring education. I have watched Authentic Autism Solutions, an autism/ADHD spiritual treatment series by Dr. Rajalakshmi Kandaswamy (one of the BIGGEST recognized autism/adhd healers) that only focused on healing the energy of the healee. (I don't like saying 'patient' from my own deep perspective after all the psychiatric abuse; feels inorganic)

Book recommandation, From Beyond This World, co-written by Sharon Stewart and Ivo (some ET from her past life who's her husband). this book is technically co-written by an alien being from 5D dimension. I have only read demos and it's insightful about the collective psy-matrix we have to grow out of. Sharon has herown channel but has extremely limited her social contact from severe targeting. This book, and its sequels, is a bit of a 'theory of everything and all human suffering'.

Copabanana

I like ww2 novels and historical mysteries. Of the former my favorites have been the Nightingale and Sand and Ash. I'm reading the lost girls of Paris now and like it.

I welcome any suggestions in either genre.

peg2

Yes, I have become interested in the FLDS due to the issues of forcing underage girls to marry. Any of the biographies which the former members have written are eye opening! Can’t put them down.
If you like light, happily ever after type books, anything written by Debbie Macomber is very good.

BusynMember1

Love Is Letting Go of Fear

Amazing book by Gerald G. Jampolsky, MD

Way different than a regular self help book. Powerful. A world wide best seller. I bought it off Amazon and it is now my Bible.

susiestar

Roll With It
I have been reading fantasy this summer. Mostly paranormal romance. I think my favorite author is Shelly Laurenston. She came out with a new book about a month ago called "In a Badger Way" and I have read it several times. It makes me laugh out loud as all of her books do! Christine Feehan has a new book coming out this week that I will read. I have also read a lot of S E Smith's work. She is also very funny. Romances that start in improbable ways between people of our world and other worlds. My mother still calls this sort of book "Bubblegum for the Brain", lol. That is most of what I have been looking for lately.

Oh, I also have been reading Ratio: The Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking by Michael Ruhlman. I LOVE it. I love to read cookbooks too, but this is more than that. It is a cookbook, but it can either free you from cookbooks or help you figure out if a recipe in another cookbook will actually work well or not. So I have been having a great time reading it.

ahhjeez

I just finished Joe Hill's (Stephen King's son) Strange Weather. It was quite good. I'm just starting his Sleeping Beauties. I keep getting distracted by finding a new series to binge on Netflix that I can't seem to get going on it.

ChickPea

Right now I'm reading The Walking Drum by Louis L'Amour. It's my first book by this author and so far very much enjoying it. I've been collecting his books in hopes to read more.

HMBgal

Just finished Mrs. Everything (Jennifer Weiner) and loved it. Now I'm plowing through Diane Chamberlein's books. She's got a ton of them, all quite different, most based on some historical event(s). And of course the Maisie Dobb's books (Jacqueline Winspear). I devour those whenever she comes out with a new one. My husband likes this series, too. Historical fiction (WWI and II with an interesting female lead character--she's a detective).

I also loved Neurotribes and Far From the Tree.

Copabanana

Maisie Dobb's books (Jacqueline Winspear)
I like these too. I will look at your suggestions. They sound good. I like historical fiction and historical mysteries, too. Thank you.

I am reading Louis L'amour Riley's Luck. It is very good. A western or cowboy story that is very touching. It's long. I like that when I get attached to a character.

HMBgal

I enjoy Louis L'Amour books, too. I love any books with Inspector Chee in them, too (Tony Hillerman). Same western vibe, mostly Four Corners area of the southwest.

BusynMember1

I mentioned it before. Such a life changing book for my husband and me. Powerful yet obvious and easy to do.

The Gifts of Acceptance (Embracing People and Things as They are). I am change how I few aging. Great read.

Daniel A. Miller

This covers how to find peace and serenity in easy language and this book is my second Bible.