sad and emotional weekend

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
sigh.... well my guinea pig died Friday nite, in my arms, I had him for 6+ years, so I had become quite attached. The poor guy had split his tooth 3 ways, it was infected so I took him to the vet, he seemed to be getting better on the medicine they gave him, but then Friday I came home from work and he was in bad shape. difficult child II is also taking it pretty hard, difficult child I could care less. I took him to the shelter the next day and made a donation so they would cremate him. My Dad thinks I am nuts for doing this, but I could not just throw him away like trash, he meant too much.

On top of this, difficult child I quit his job, because he was mad he wasn't getting enough hours! Apparantly the child doesn't get the whole "economy in crisis" issue! He spent the whole weekend in his room eating, on the phone and playing video games.

S2BX gets released 2morrow from jail, I think it explains the nauseau I am feeling right now. I am literally ill with dread, dread of what this man will do now, to cause his sons and myself more pain, just in time for the holidays!

And of course my parents are going on month 5 of their "war of the Rose's" and my Dad is once again directing his frustration at me.

So I am feeling very "leaving on a jet plane" today. I miss my Piggie :(

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Rest in peace little piggie.
Please take a moment tomorrow before you think of your ex... just try and clear you mind. Breathe and let no worries enter your mind for just a moment.
Take care of yourself, I hope your ex lets you alone.

janie

New Zealand
My condolences on the loss of your little piggie .... we had guineapigs for many years - and they are just SO loveable .... I understand your sadness.
We had several of ours cremated too .... some of my friends would shake their heads thinking "Janie is nuts spending money on cremating a GUINEAPIG"! ... but these piggies were part of our lives and family .... and it seemed "right" to have them cremated ...
Hang in there ..... things have to get better soon for you :)
Hugs from New Zealand.

tiredmommy

I'm so sorry about your dear guinea pig. It's so hard to lose a creature that's stuck with you throughout the bad times, their love is unconditional. {{{Hugs}}} I'm also sorry that you need to start worrying about S2BEX and difficult child 1's poor choices.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Awwww, I'm so sorry about your little furball :(

Try not to worry about S2BX. You can't control what he does. Just focus on yourself, the here and now. One step at a time. Breathe.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
((((hugs))))) So very sorry about your lil fur baby. :( They are such sweet critters you can help but love them. We've never been able to have one because easy child is allergic. (found out when she brought one home to care for in kindergarden)

Try your best not to worry about stbx. You have no control over him. And karma can be a powerful thing. Sounds like difficult child 1 is about to learn a hard lesson over the job. Let him learn it. It will stick with him better than anything you tell him right now. Travis did that and now won't quit kroger until he has another job already in place. (he told me he never wants to go thru that again. lol)

Take deep breaths. Grab a soak in the tub. What ever it takes to shed some of the stress. Be good to yourself.

Hugs

Lothlorien

I'm sorry about your little pet, too.
S2BX is in Fla, right? Maybe he'll stay there. If he's on probation, he may not be able to leave the state....Know what I mean??

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{hugs}}} for the loss of your little furbaby. Those little creatures add so much to our lives, it's indescribable at times. I'm glad that you were able to cremate him so he can be near.

I agree with what everyone has said regarding your stbx - take a few deep cleansing breaths, let go of the worry and repeat to yourself that you have no control over his actions. I hope he stays away. Have a nice holiday despite him and keep your kiddos close so they can't get hurt again. Love and hugs~

ps: Oh yeah, my difficult child also quit her job...she claims they fired her but there is just no way. She quit, I feel it in my bones...

I'm so sorry you lost your "fur baby." Whenever I lose a beloved furry family member, I make a collage of pictures, frame it, and hang it in my home. It helps me remember the happy times we shared...

As for your stbx, I agree with the others - You have no control over what he does. Try to go on with your life and not think about him. Hopefully, he'll stay away.

Thinking of you. Lots of hugs. WFEN

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sorry for your loss.
I like the idea of a collage of pictures that WFEN suggested.
Don't worry what others think of your attachment and willingness to make a donation. You don't answer to them.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Amaze,

Now that all the bad is over - it's time for some good vibes and hope. I'm very sorry for the loss of your best friend. I had a pig too- he lived for 13 years. His passing was devastating.

Do the best you can with the anxiety from the x - and like Fran said - you don't have to answer to anyone about how you handled piggies funeral.

You dont' have to answer to anyone for anything - is very correct.

Hugs for your hurt.

Huge oinkly ones.....

tinamarie1

Im so sorry for your loss of furbabie. I know how you feel and I wouldn't have been able to just toss him out. You did the right thing hon.
You are going through so much right now. I wish I knew what to say.
Just want to give you a big *hug*

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm so sorry for your pet. They are lovely things. Six years is a long time...13 years is incredible. My daughter has one that she's had for about 5 years. Every time she calls, she puts the phone up to him and squeezes him so he'll squeal for me. (Poor guy.)

Abbey