"Santa is a stalker"

slsh

member since 1999
She's definitely my daughter, poor thing. :hammer:

She's hit the age where she's a confirmed nonbeliever. The only of my children who had become adamant about it - the boys still "believe" today. I've been peppered for the last month with- statements about her nonbelief and questions about when we told the boys there's no such thing as Santa. I honestly was able to tell her that we've *never* told them that Santa doesn't exist. Truly, in my book Santa is real.

So.... when I picked her up from the Christmas Bazaar yesterday, she hit me with this little morsel of 11-year-old wisdom:

He knows when you are sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good. So he's watching you all the time so he's a stalker. It's creepy, Mom.

:bah-humbug:

Out of the mouths of babes. ;)

tiredmommy

:rofl:

It sounds like she's trying to justify her non-belief. She does understand that Santa doesn't bring gifts to those that don't believe in him, right?

:xmasdancers:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:slap: Sheesh! Who knew?!

I think this is easy child's year to "get it" too. She's been asking lots of questions with a very knowing smile. I just tell her that if you stop believing, he stops coming. :D That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

M

ML

I think she's taking it hard. Manster, also 11, still plays with me because I told him he would continue to get presents as long as he believed lol.

klmno

Smart one, is she?? LOL!

The deal with my son- he still gets a stocking and almost the same amount of presents (they cost more now), but I do NOT stay up half the night dragging in presents from Santa to place in front of the fireplace or even worse- put stuff together all night long so it's finished before difficult child wakes up.

SRL

He knows when you are sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good. So he's watching you all the time so he's a stalker. It's creepy, Mom.

:bah-humbug:

Out of the mouths of babes. ;)

My 16 year old son just told me the same thing, only the word he used was "creeper".

DammitJanet

I always told mine that the minute they told me they didnt believe in Santa that was the time he would stop coming so they never said a word...lol. Well...they finally gave in when the kids started coming along. They told me then that it was time for THEM to start being able to be a part of the Santa ritual so we could now stop including them in the Santa part...lol.