Scary smart. And on track.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Rose is walking WELL, even running sometimes. She still has almost 2 weeks till her birthday!

She finally broke a tooth through last week, and now there's a second one. Bottom front, just like "average".

What is NOT average is her command of language. We have:

maMA
daDA
KEE (kitty)
oggy (doggy)
bahnah (banana)
OW (down)
NOM (yummy)
pa-kay (patty cake, includes slow clapping)
tankoo (thank you)
pee (please)
bah-bah (byebye, includes a wave of one or both hands)
And... Drum roll... ROSIE! (OK, not really. She CAN say her name but I can't put it here. Grumph. Darn Belle and her finding me.)

The first time she said tankoo to my Dad (on Saturday), I thought he was going to fall over from shock. He had handed her something and said, "Here you go", and she grinned and said, "tankoo". When we were shopping, she clapped and looked at my Mom - "pa-kay?" And grinned when Mom played it with her.

Yesterday morning, she was playing on her toy horse and I was videoing her... And out of nowhere, she said her name clearly - she'd been saying it but I wasn't sure. Then all day - "Rosie bahnah?" - when I was peeling a banana for her - "Rosie OW?" - when I was holding her, and when she was trying to get off the sofa...

She scares and thrills me at the same time...

svengandhi

Rosie is adorable. That was supposed to be my daughter's middle name but H's cousin took the first name we wanted with it and the replacement first name didn't go with Rose.

My daughter spoke really early as well. At Thanksgiving, just a few weeks after her 1st birthday, she sang the alphabet song. Oldest boy, 14 months her senior, had just uttered his first full sentence around the same time" Oh, mommy, Deve (his way of saying Steven, his name), do luff Barney!" I thought my daughter was the new coming of Einstein and my son a half wit. Fast forward a few years. He's in grade 1, reading Tom Sawyer and she's in gifted kindergarten unable to read anything. They're both in their early 20's now, both very bright but certainly not geniuses in the same way that difficult child is.

Enjoy Rosie and her verbal skills, it's fun when you can understand them finally, until they hit puberty and then you wish you could put on a sock on it for a few years!

InsaneCdn

Enjoy Rosie and her verbal skills, it's fun when you can understand them finally, until they hit puberty
:rofl:
Tell me about it. I'm convinced that teenagers have been kidnapped by aliens and taught a foreign language.

When does it get better the second time around? How many years of this do I have to go through?

BusynMember

Nothing to be scared of, Annie :) Enjoy your "typical" daughter with all your heart and soul (I'm sure you do). Of course she's smart!!!! You're her mother...right?? (wink)

DammitJanet

Im so glad she is on track. My boys were like that. Now the Mouse was speaking like that at a year but after a few months...maybe 14/15 months...she stopped talking and just screamed for everything she wanted. I really think it was because she was in a home daycare where everyone just got her everything she wanted when she screamed so she didnt have to talk. Now she is starting to talk again but to my eye she is far behind. Everyone else thinks I am just a worrywart. Well her Papa agrees with me but neither parent does. Right now her favorite word is NO and bye bye. She says both quite clearly...lol. Oh she also says Sissy, much to Sissy's dismay because it means she is hot on her tail...lmao. What bothers me so much is that after everything I tell her I get "Huh?" I know she knows what I am saying.

*PM me with what you guys are getting her for Xmas, I need to pick something out. I know what I want to get her but I want to make sure you arent already getting it for her.