Sensory Intergration Dysfunction

SRL

I just realized that the original thread was about Sensory Integration Disorder (SID). Hopefully you are talking about the school psychologist failing to do other assessments because and Occupational Therapist (OT) should be the only assessing sensory issues.

This is what I would do given the time frame. I would get the email addresses of the director of special education, the building principal, and the school psychologist. If your school has a website that is a good place to start. Via email to expedite things, I would outline what was discussed in your February meeting and indicate that you were told this testing was to take place prior to the end of the school year and to your knowledge it has been cancelled X number of times. Tell them it is regrettable that the appointment dates have not been kept but that you will be glad to deliver junior for assessment 1) on a nonclass day prior to the end of school or 2) within 2 weeks following the end of the school year if it can't be done as was agreed upon in the Feb. meeting.

This will alert everyone who needs to know that the school psychiatric hasn't followed through with her responsibilities and it will create a paper trail which is necessary when someone is falling down on the job.

skooch

Hang in there. Recognizing Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) is a huge step in itself. My daughter had a GREAT Occupational Therapist (OT) for almost a year and has just been released from Occupational Therapist (OT). She's like a whole different kid from a year ago. Hang in there, good luck and prayers to you!