She Relapsed

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ephchap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About 2 months after he came home after being drug free almost a year, he relapsed for a weekend. He ended up calling us, scared to death. He said it wasn't fun anymore; it was just scary.

</div></div>

I think that is when you know that they are ready to change, when they can admit it's no longer fun. My difficult child did the same thing this past time. He decided he didn't want to live like that and couldn't believe he was loosing everything AGAIN!! He checked himself back into rehab and thought long and hard about what he really needed to do to stay clean. He's different this time and hopefully it's enough to keep him clean forever. I remember him telling the counselor in our family counseling session that it was no longer fun because he just felt so guilty everytime he used because he knew what he had gained and what he was going to lose.

DDD

I thought I had responded yesterday but don't see it here. Just
want you to know that, as always, I am sending caring thoughts &
prayers your way. DDD

SunnyFlorida

Sorry she relapsed Melissa. It's a never ending battle...in my humble opinion. Glad you've got Baby J though. Have a nice time in FL.

Very sorry. I definitely know the feeling. Mine is just now in detox looking to go to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for -- let's see -- (counts on fingers) 5th time? Like others have said, hope this is the last time. Thoughts and prayers.