Shouting it to the world!!!! I'm going to be a GRANDMA again!!!!!!!!!!

BusynMember

Julie is pregnant! I am so excited, I screamed!!! Lucas got scared and Tom thought I'd lost my mind.

FINALLY! A grandchild I will be able to see, play with, hold, spoil and enjoy!!!! And I like the other grandmother too!!!!!!

Just letting it all out because I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!

BusynMember

I actually hope to snare the "nana" title this time. The other grandma's other grandkids call her grandma so maybe I can. Of course, I don't want any hurt feelings.

Calamity Jane

I can just hear your excitement in your post! That's great for Julie...I feel like I know her. So, so happy for you MWM, and for your whole family.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Oh boy MWM, this is such terrific news!! I am so happy for you! You sound over the moon and I totally get how you feel too............I am sending giant hugs! My little one (17 now!!) calls me Grammy, (my mother got Grandma, but I've learned to love being Grammy).............I hope you get the Nana title!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Congratulations! :) I'm sure the buzzy feeling you have will last a good long time and when the moment comes for the baby to be here, well then watch out world for MWM! She's going to be one heck of force to reckon with even more then now! So happy for you.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so happy for you, for Julie and her husband, for the other grands too! It is about time you got one you could truly ENJOY! It will be one super lucky grandbaby to have you!

Regardless of the name, that child will never ever doubt that he is loved. That is the biggest blessing, not the name. there is nothing wrong with using another name. I had grandparents known by first nameson one side, a great gma and a gma that orig had the same last name but always asked if it was the gma K with the kitty cats or not so she becameKity Cat Grandma to us and for us it was a very special name.

DammitJanet

Congrats Pam.

I worried too about what my grandkids would call me. I wanted Grandma. I wouldnt have minded Nana but absolutely no way in hell was I going to be Grammy. Grammy is what my boys called my mom and I wasnt going there...lol.

The mouse still cant say anything even closely sounding like Grandma so its Mama for all women.

Monkey calls me Grandma when she is with me and her other Grandma's are Grandma Linda and Grandma Katy who is actually her great grandmother. Im sure Im Grandma Janet when she is at her house. Funny thing is that when she was little I was the only Grandma, her other grandma was Momma, and her mother went by her first name but I worked hard on changing that one. When she was here I kept telling her that Mommy was Mommy and not her first name and her other Grandma was actually a grandmother.

PatriotsGirl

Lmao funny how that has an effect. My mother was Nana to my kids and I soooo did not want to be called that. Not that he can call us anything yet...lol. But, husband and I refer to ourselves as grammy and grampy. :)

BusynMember

Hmmmmmmmm...I'm going to have to think on what I want to be called. I called my favorite grandma in the entire world by the name of "Mom." I heard my mother calling her Mom so I copied it...lol. My kids called her Grandma Mom. I am still thinking of the best title. Nana, Grammy is good, Gram...any other suggestions? I have an open field. Well, I'm going to talk to SO's mother first to see if she has any preferences. We get along great and I don't want to step on her toes. She has been very good to Julie.

I've already been informed that a girl will be named either Kylie Jade or Kailie Jade (spelled those ways). They can not come up with a mutual boy's name. Yes, they've been planning names long before she got pregnant.

They are not married legally, but have been a couple (constant one) since Julie was eighteen. She is now twenty-nine.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Southerners I've heard using Mawmaw and Pawpaw! Not sure you want that but hey...it's another option.......or even Meemaw.