Sick Puppy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Rufus is refusing both water and food today. Completely.

Since he came home he's drank like a fish and eaten like a piggy. Never an issue.

He was "supposed" to have been wormed. But the woman admitted to just putting the wormer in a huge vat of food instead of giving it individually which is how it is supposed to be given. (it's not that hard, you get a syringe for pete's sake) I've yet to see a dead worm.

He also, remember, had quite a LOT of ticks which I removed.

Only other "symptom" is some mucusy type stool. Not all the time......but every once in a while. He did dry heave this morning. :(

Tried to call the vet but the office closed at noon. (wth am I the ONLY one with this luck??) They do now have the home number for emergencies.

The revolution kills worms. Only problem is I have yet to put it on him as he covered himself with urine and needed a bath.......and of course you have to wait so many days. So he's not gotten the benefit from that yet.

He is still sort of playing only much more toned down and Maggie is trying to tone down too, I think she realizes he's not feeling too great.

Wondering if I should just go out to the store and pick up wormer and give it to him. Or if I should decide this is an emergency and call the vet? I know young pups can get dehydrated very quickly and he's only 7wks. Oh wait, he's made a liar out of me and just took a big drink. lol So maybe it is just the worms......hmm.

Maggie is awfully attached to this lil guy and so am I, even if it has only been a week. Worried about him and hoping it's just a case of his sibs got more of the wormer than he did.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
He just peed quite a bit, so I don't have to worry about dehydration for the moment. Guess it's a trip to the store for wormer after all.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Evidently, all I have to do is post.......and he makes a liar outta me. lol

He just ate a bowl of food and pooed out a huge worm...........so that answers that. Now that I know what it is and it's not serious, I'm not so worried.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. He will be wormed tonight. Maggie will have her revolution..........as will Bruce.

Then clean up all the poo in the yard. And THAT will not be fun as Rufus poos more than any puppy I remember having. lol omg Maggie refuses to use the front yard right now cuz there are too many Rufus poo spots. (been raining and couldn't clean it up)

DammitJanet

I would get him ivermectin and not let him eat then put him outside for the night to be honest because he will poo like crazy. Are you sure he got his puppy shots?