So Angry With husband Right Now (difficult child Related)

Bunny

I got an email from easy child's little league coach advising that they have their first practice on Wednesday. I also made a phone call today to the new therapist and left her message telling her that I wanted to make an appointment for difficult child. I reminded husband that the therapist told me that she schedules appointments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and that if easy child is going to have baseball on Wednesdays and if difficult child has therapist appointments on Wednesdays as well, I'm going to need him to help me because I can't be in two places as one time.

His reply was, "So? Just make sure all of difficult child's appointments are on days when you're not busy with easy child."

I told him that I could not believe that was his answer and that I didn't want to talk to him right now, and I hung up the phone.

I had hoped that the episode with difficult child and the psychiatric ER would have served as a wake up call that he needs to pull his head out of the sand and get in the game when it comes to difficult child, and actually HELP ME!! Apparently not.

dstc_99

So basically he wants you to do it all? If so tell him easy child is now his problem on practice nights. If you have to handle the more difficult child the least he can do is sit on his :censored2: while easy child practices.

Bunny

He does this stuff all the time. difficult child thinks husband is the enemy and I have tried everything that I can think of to get husband To understand that he needs to be the one to step up and work with difficult child so that difficult child doesn't think of him as an enemy.

We stated having difficult child take bowling lessons with someone at the local lanes. He loves to bowl and we are trying to think of anything that will get difficult child out of the house and interested in something. The first lesson was this Saturday. I told husband he had to take him because easy child's tutor was coming and I needed to be here to talk to her about a few things.

They go and difficult child really liked the lesson and the coach. husband tells me that he scheduled another lesson for the following Saturday at the same time, which was fine with me, and then he says to difficult child, " Maybe mom can take you next week instead of me." I wanted to smack him because this is a perfect opportunity to get some time to talk to difficult child, and he just blew it!!

StressedM0mma

Buny, I TOTALLY get where you are coming from. I have and still do at times the same issue with husband. difficult child and I finally got him to come to one of difficult child's therapist appointment.s and difficult child laid it all out there for him. She flat out told him that it would be easier to just not have a dad than to have one that just didn't want to be around her. And, husband was all hacked off when difficult child didn't even tell him Happy Birthday. I told him that she was trying to tell him something by that. He is ding a little better, but not great. Is there anyway you can convince your husband that he needs to spend the Sat. lesson with him? I am positive it meant more to your difficult child than he can express.

I hope husband will soon realize how important this is. And, hugs to you supermom.

Bunny

What I have been trying to do lately is make difficult child deal with his father. He has a question? Go ask dad. He wants to be taken to his bowling lesson? Dad will take him. I was thinking that if I make difficult child deal with his father more he won't think of him as an enemy as much.

I'm so angry.