So how did everyone do over the Christmas?

Wiped Out

Staff member
I for one totally fell off the wagon!! This year, more than ever, there were more homemade goodies given to me as presents from students. I started there (last week in school) and continued right through yesterday. I'm going to try not to be too hard on myself. Instead I'm going to try and get back on track today and make good choices. Wish all of the goodies were gone; I'm tempted to throw some away but I know all the work and love that went into making a bunch of them. Since husband and I are both trying to make better choices difficult child will want to eat everything and he surely can't be allowed to do that. Sigh...maybe I will have to throw them out after all. I am hoping to get back to the health club today!

How did all of you do? Hopefully better than me but if not be gentle with yourself and get yourself back on track. We can do this!!

InsaneCdn

Freeze any of the extra goodies that are freezable... in difficult child-sized portions. Then... send to school with difficult child, or use for after-school snackes... or use as "rewards" for self-initiated good behavior...

Or -re-gift those goodies.

But... do NOT leave on counter!

(I can't handle stress + direct temptation either)

HMBgal

I am about to have a food baby. All the rich food and sweets (mostly made by myself) is making me feel so heavy and yucky. I teach four Zumba classes per week, plus two cycling classes, so I'm back on the wagon as of this morning. I start back to my "real" job (adapted P.E. teacher) next Tuesday, so that will definitely put me back on track because I'm racing from one school to the next all day, loading and unloading equipment, do lessons, so eating (even peeing) is a huge challenge.

trinityroyal

I managed to hang on pretty well over the Christmas holiday. My big challenge has been coming back to work where everyone has brought their extra baked goodies into the office.
It's VERY hard to walk past the "Here, help yourself" table without helping myself.

I have started a new workout program in addition to the running, so I hope that will keep the pounds at bay while I re-learn self-control.

InsaneCdn

Ugh. Its not the holidays, its the stress... but I'm WAY up. No way to get out of the house - at all (working from home, on a behind-the-8-ball project so mega overtime)... UGH. <she says, sitting here with a pop in one hand and chips (for a sodium fix) in the other...>

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
Maybe next year?

Sounds like the rest of you are MILES ahead of ME... go for it, set a good example... someday I'll get there.