Tiapet

Old Hand
I'd like to know any experiences you all may have had or can offer on the following:

Invega- how long did it take to see any results? What were you using it for? Were are currently using it for mood stabilization and are not quite a month into it and I figure it's going to take time to get to a certain level before we might see any changes if there is going to be any. We did have 1 side effect initially the first night and that was the bug crawling all over effect that made ms. queen crazy but benedryl effectively squashed it. The second night was only slightly and not again after that.

What about a good Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) medication? Ms. queen is my tough case. We are not only trying to find something to stabilize her moods but also Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) tendencies. We done the top 3 mood stabilizers and she failed them all due to reactions. We tried prozac for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and it actually DID work but she refused to keep taking it! :( :(

Mr. Busy - Anxiety medication- what have you found useful? They have trialed wellbutrin but I really have never heard it being used for anxiety, have you? New one on me. So far no results but I do see more aggression I think and this is in an already aggressive child!

prn for aggression- we have already done resperidal instant melts. We tried to do increase in dosage but it triggered major migraines so we had to stop using it. We switched to zyprexa melts. They do pretty good only thing, the insurance doesn't want to cover it after the first month now. They want to switch to an everyday dose of the normal pills which is not justified dr said as mr. busy doesn't need a daily dose of it, just when he goes into a violent rage. Any suggestions on medications you've used with success? We already use clonidine standardly everyday and can not increase but that is not for aggression.

I've been wracking my brain and researching like crazy but I wanted to get input from you all and hear some feed back if I can please. I feel like we've been in circles for a while but just need to see some options maybe I'm missing.

While I have a good team for them now, we need to be effectively controlling some of the symptoms too.

Thankfully the 1 thing we have been able to control is the ADD/ADHD stuff.

Last edited:

InsaneCdn

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and anxiety often respond to the same medications... and she refuses to take the one that works. UGH!

Tiapet

Old Hand
A little clarification.....mr. busy has the anxiety and she has the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)....I see now I didn't clearly differentiate the two in post...editing now to fix. Thanks!

StressedM0mma

difficult child is on Celexa and Buspar for her anxiety/Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). It helps, but is not a wonder drug. She is going to begin cognitive behavioral therapy after Thanksgiving. She has done DBT, but it wasn't really the right fit. Her anxiety is mostly situational. We also tried zoloft, and that was the worst thing ever. It tossed her into a horrid depression. We are also using Abilify for mood stabilization. It started working quickly, and continues to do well for us.

InsaneCdn

I relate more to Mr Busy...

suspected aspie? The combo used most often around here (i.e. per our psychiatrist) is either or a combo of fluoxetine and risperidone. Fluoxetine cuts the anxiety - risperidone cuts the irritability so common in Aspies...