Son back in Custody

Helpless29

My son was picked up today as he walked through the park. They had a warrant out for him since he ran away from our home on house arrest. I heard yesterday he went to his grandparents house asking for food, which is heartbreaking. I know since he’s been out on the streets, he got deeper into drugs & started hanging out with the gangbangers. Im hurt but I know I tried , these last few weeks have been emotionally draining, now I can sleep at night , knowing he is safe. Now I wait for his phone call & see what the judge will say in court tomorrow. I’m sure he will do some time.

Copabanana

Hi Helpless

I am so very sorry for how this is going. For now, he is way better off locked up. He proved it to us. I hope you keep posting to deal with the emotional part of this. It helps. Sending love and prayers.

MissLulu

Oh Helpless, I just want to send you a huge hug. It's so hard, but at least he is not on the streets now. Keep in touch and let us know what the judge says. Sending my love.

Hugs to you. You gave it your best and then more. Time to take care of YOU now. This is his life and his consequences. I read the article on detachment every day as it gives me strength. This forum and the great support does too!

JMom

Helpless,

You have given 100% to this. You are correct, you can sleep, knowing he is safe, has a bed, food, structure, sobriety and your parents won't feel obligated to provide food. Please keep posting and practice self care. I have learned a great deal from your posts and it has helped me grow!
Hugs,
JMOM