Son stole off my boyfriend

Lady Bear

Hi all.
Second time my 20 year old son has stolen off my boyfriend. The first time I gave him a safe place to be honest and he was after a few attempts of getting the truth! He confessed and he paid my partner back. This time my partners wallet went missing with £300 in it. But we have no proof and he is denying it saying he wouldn’t be that stupid after the last time and that he is really trying to change. Thing is… It could only be him :( my partner won’t stay here anymore and keeps making detrimental comments to me about my son. I’m at a loss on what to do. My partner wants me to ask my son to leave. My partner is angry as there are no consequences or repercussions as there is no proof.
I say my son comes first and he needs boundaries, love and support. I feel he may need professional help but doubt he would do that. My son knows he needs to change some stuff.
There is an awful air of mistrust and disappointment in my house. Feeing very sad. I would really appreciate some advice 🙏

Last edited:

Lady Bear

He has form as he stole at 16 and got chucked out of his fathers.
He knows he has a problem. He has said so. Not sure which way to go… help and support or ask to leave so he can support and help himself.
I got no support or boundaries as a kid so I’m finding it difficult to know what to do for the best.

KTMom91

I can't really blame your boyfriend. I'd be angry, too, especially since it had happened before. At 20, your son is old enough to take care of himself. Personally, the stealing (again) would be a deal breaker and Son would be moving on.