Stilll hanging in there....

T

toughlovin

and waiting..... Haven't heard from difficult child since Sunday. I am kind of expecting to hear from him tomorrow asking me to put more money on the grocery card. If he does that I will ask more about the current plan of going back to the sober house... like when will that happen etc.... then I think I will put a little on the card so he can eat. I am not going to add to the card until I hear from him though.

A part of me has really wanted to text him that I am thinking about him etc.... but I have held back. I think ths is something he needs to do himself and I need to just let it happen.

I have been checking his phone records and he seems to be texting until midnight or so and then he must be sleeping somewhere and they the texts start pretty early in the morning... which does imply he really is on the beach and waking up with the sunrise. :)

Meanwhile I am sleeping, eating healthy and going to work. I am able to focus pretty well at work. I am in such a different place than I have been before when on the down side of the roller coaster. It helps to think that he has options at the end of this week and I just hope that is true!!

We had a nice time going out with friends Sat night... talked a little about our sons and then talked about all kinds of other stuff... so it was not all focused on them.

I have my alanon meeting tonight which I am looking forward to.

So I am doing ok.... but really kind of in limbo and hopnig to hear something positive from him.

TL

S

Signorina

Hi TL ... glad you are doing mostly OK. Limbo is a hard place to be - but it sounds as though you are dealing with it in a healthy way. It makes me hopeful that you are hopeful. Please keep us updated. I really care about you guys and worry and rejoice along with you.

Zardo

Hang in there - you're doing a GREAT job. If you've never read "Changing for Good" - now would be a good time. Sending much support your way.

Nancy

I know the waiting is so hard. I'm thinking of you and sending hugs.

I'm going to check out my new support group meeting tonight too.

Nancy

exhausted

You are doing great. I bet this is so hard. He is alive and you are living your life. Keep us posted. Thinking of you.

lovemysons

I am keeping fingers crossed Toughlovin!

Glad you had an Al Anon meeting last night and glad you are moving forward with your own life.
LMS