Storing a letterman jacket?

KTMom91

Miss KT lettered in band her freshman year of high school, we got the jacket, she wore it proudly, added the appropriate patches and names, and now...she wants to make sure it stays nice, not just toss it in the closet and drop stuff on top of it.

I know there are ways to store things like wedding gowns and evening dresses, but I don't know what to do with a letterman jacket. But, since Warrior Moms know everything, I knew who I could ask!

Mattsmom277

http://www.ehow.com/how_6026229_display-letterman-jackets-high-school.html

Great tip on that link for storing it in a shadow box, customized with printing out good copies of school emblems etc. Very creative and I am guessing you could go a plain route or elaborate on it by also adding other high school memories: ribbons won, quality copy of a diploma, quality copy photos from yearbook, prom photos, add in grad tassle hat if her school gives those out. So many ways to make it unique and none of it sounds too difficult.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am storing difficult child 1's by hanging it from a shelf in my bedroom and continually thinking "I gotta figure out what to do with that thing...."

susiestar

Roll With It
husband's has either been stuffed in a plastic tote box or hung from the closet for thirty plus years now. Other than some scuffs from a cat who used to climb the clothes in the closet when she could, it is in good shape. Of course none of our kids can wear it, or would, but he likes knowing it is here.