Strange ??? -- is there a drug that can stain walls??

I posted earlier about my son allowing friends to use our house for a party. Until now, I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary and it looked like the house was as we left it. I just went in the master bathroom (just a toilet, brown walls, white door and a fan). On all four walls there is a dry, sticky substance that looks like it was dripping down the walls. In some places it looks like a white powdery drip. It's all over. I don't usually turn the light on when I go in there but today I did and that's when I saw it. I know for sure it wasn't there before we left on our trip.

Question - does anyone know of anything that could have been done in there that would have caused such a thing? Any kind of drug or strange party ritual? I'm going to have the police come take a look. Now is just not a good time to call them with the whole family here.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Is there a omg take your breath away foul odor?

Otherwise......having not used myself........I'm thinking 2 things are "possible" cocaine or meth. Either way, don't touch that powdery residue. Meth has a take your breath away foul odor that is unlike anything you'll ever have smelled before. No clue about cocaine as I've never been around anyone who smoked it. Not sure about other drugs that can be smoked as to whether they'd leave behind a residue. But if the bathroom is as small as it sounds and someone was smoking something in there it's possible, especially if it was not there before.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
No odor kind of rules out plain ol' tobacco, too. Hmm. Enough smoking in a bathroom could cause tobacco drips, but...

DammitJanet

That almost sounds like they sprayed some sort of freshener or something in there and that got on the walls. Something like a foaming spray...one of those cleansers maybe...a carpet cleanser maybe? Bathtub or shower cleanser? Do you have any of them that are missing? Maybe someone was trying to huff one.

DammitJanet

Well if you smoked anything for long enough in a room it would turn it a browny yellowish color but that would take a fairly long time. And it wouldnt cause a foam.

I think you're right about somebody spraying something. The dripping stops about a foot behind the door and it looks like the upper door jam was sprayed. So they must've left the door open when they sprayed whatever it was.

Very odd because I'm not smelling anything. I have a can of room deodorant spray right there on the toilet that I don't think was touched. It seems to have dripped a sticky brown and then dried to a powdery white in some places. I wish I could have the cops come take a look. I'd love to catch those sh*Tourette's Syndrome for something. I have to wait until my two younger kids are out of the house though. It's driving me crazy!

klmno

If it's not that- drunk or messing around and pee'd or got something on the walls they tried to clean off and the cleaning product made left the stain. Personally, I wouldn't call police over this.

keista

Personally, I wouldn't call police over this.

Neither would I. Even if it is something, it does not prove anything. master bathroom - you have access to it, you could have done it.

I got presented with this kind of logic from the cops when I was trying to get a room mate extricated from my house because they guy was smoking pot. Since there was no lock on his door, that he needed a key to get in with, it was considered common property and husband and I could get in just as much trouble if they found anything.

Otherwise, i haven't a clue.

The difference is, I called the cops last Sunday while I was still out of town and had them check out my house. They found 4 kids here "cleaning up." The cops told me to call if I found anything when I got home. Now it still could be argued that it may have been me, my husband or my kids,...but I would like to know if these idiot kids are into other stuff besides pot. Especially since my son hangs out with them. If the cops can give me any ideas of what when on in my bathroom it would be helpful.

klmno

I'm not at all familiar with your hx. How old is your difficult child and did you give permission for this party?

klmno-my difficult child is 19 and he somehow gave his friends access to our home for a party while the entire family was out of town (including him!--meaning he was with US and not at the party).

T

toughlovin

I think having the cops come over to look at it before you clean it up is a good idea. I would do that too. It may not prove anything or make any kind of case, but if it is some serious drug or something else they might know what it is... where as we might not. If as someone mentioned it is something like coke or meth you want to know about it. If it is whipped cream or some attempt to clean that bathroom then so what you know that too.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I think Janet nailed it. Huffing whipped cream. Bff used to do it all the time as a teen.

Ok, well, it's actually huffing the gas that makes it come out of the can that they're huffing, not the whipped cream. Just realized how silly that sounded. First time bff told me she used to do that as a teen I was like wth?? cuz I'd never heard of such a thing. But around here it's popular because you can get it anywhere and no one thinks much about it.

susiestar

Roll With It
It is a huffing thing. I did some work with a statewide anti huffing group right out of college. They inhale the propellant and after a hit or two they end up spraying the contents all over the place. Walked into the cooler of a restaurant I worked in one day and it looked like someone blew up a snowman. The stuff was everywhere. Also, see if that room freshener will actually spray. They are popular things to huff.

Huffing is NOT harmless or "kid stuff" it is serious and deadly. One of the most popular things to huff is canned air such as that used to clean computers. It is actually pressurized air with chemical propellants - and can either freeze the lungs on contact or the propellant replaces oxygen and you die. the propellant part can come with anything huffed.

I would go and take any PAM or spray oil or Baker's Joy type thing out of your kitchen. Lock it up. Huffing any of those sprays is a death sentence every time. The oil coats the lungs and there is NOTHING that can be done to clear it out. NO ONE huffs that twice as far as I know. They don't survive the first time.

It is time to get him out of the house. Not next week. NOW. You wouldn't let a stranger do this. Don't let your son. Be SURE to talk to any other children in your home about htis - esp about the dangers of huffing Pam.