Stress test goes out of control...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I had a lexiscan stress test scheduled last Tuesday. It all started out well until they gave me this medicine that pumped up my heart rate & my blood pressure.

I have no memory after that until I came to 4 hours later in the ER on a stroke code. No stroke. It was a TIA. I spent several days in the hospital. Discharged Saturday.

The neuro symptoms have mostly resolved themselves. Some residual weakness & head pain.

I'm trying not to whine ~ I just need a friggin break. You know?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((((hugs)))))))

OMG!!!! How scary as holy hades that had to be!!!

I'm glad you're not really having any lasting effects, but omg!

And I agree, you deserve a friggin break. How about you and me hitch a ride to the Bahamas or some uncharted isle?

cubsgirl

Oh ((hugs)).

You are not whining at all. I am so glad that you are feeling better but so sorry that you had to go through all of that.

I think you should take up Hound Dog's offer and off to the Bahamas you go :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

OMG, Linda - well, I suppose they (hopefully) won't be doing that again.

I'm glad you're better, now, hon. And I second that Bahamas idea!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Holy cow! That must have been scary! (Not to mention EXTRA stressful!)

So does that mean you passed the stress test or what?

klmno

Geez...the only good thing, possibly, about that is that you were under teh care of a physician when this happened and hopefully, this can lead to identifying potential for future problems. I'm sorry you had to go thru it though- I can't imagine....

buddy

Gosh! I am so sorry. Glad the symptoms are mostly resolving. So, was it all from the test and you are A-OK now? I am so happy you are back.

DDD

I'm so sorry to read about your experience Linda. Glad they had support available asap and that you are feeling better. Last week I had a Thallium Stress Test and asked the MD and the Tech "do many people pass out doing this test?" The Tech told me he had 21 years experience and it had only happened twice. I found that reassuring but guess I now know it could be anybody on a given day.

My hope is that you will have good people analyze each test and give you an up to date picture of where you are now and what you can do to live a long healthy life. Hugs. DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. (((((hugs)))))

I know how scary it is to wake up days later and not know what happened. I hope that neither of us ever does that again.

You definitely desrve a break - of any kind you want!!

donna723

OMG Linda, how frightening! I am so glad that you are improving and are feeling better. That must have been terrifying!

And I agree that you are loooong overdue for a break ... another vote for the Bahamas!

Nancy

Linda I've never known you to whine about anything. I'm sorry this happened to you and yes you do deserve a big break.

Nancy

slsh

member since 1999
Oh my gosh.... Linda, I'm so sorry!! Very glad you were at least in a place where they could take care of you immediately. Sheesh.... I'm hoping this was a routine followup and wasn't for any new sx. That way you can just scratch pharmacologic stress tests off your things-to-do list in the future.

Glad you don't have any major residual. Hope the weakness and headache go away soon. Take care of you.

DammitJanet

Gosh Linda I am so sorry to hear this. I dislike those stress tests myself. Combine some of my very worse fears. Racing thumping heart and then sticking me in a tube to watch it!

I sure hope your head stops hurting real soon. You deserve every break you can get.

L

Liahona

:hugs: Do what ever you need to take care of you! Schedule yourself a break.

Oh, I should take my own advice. Easier said than done.:consoling:

H

HaoZi

That sounds so scary! Glad you had immediate help and hope you're doing much better soon!