Super comfortable pull out couch

Nomad

Staff member
i am looking for a super comfortable pull out couch or trundle bed.

Brand names.

I have an at home office that is sometimes used for guests and will likely be used more often in this manner down the road.

I have a super cute couch in there now, but the truth is when opened up, as a bed...it is not very comfortable.

Anyone know if exceptions?

Lol...I seem to often ask “odd” questions!

Thanks.

Copabanana

Hi Nomad:

I would get a regular twin bed and a daybed frame. If you want they even sell comforter/bedspread sets that are designed for this set up that look tailored. They come in all kinds of styles: modern, traditional, etc. That is what I am going to do in one of my rooms. If you want to you can put all kinds of pillows on it to give it the Pottery Barn look.

With a regular twin bed you will have both the comfort of the bed and the use of a comfortable daybed. For many years my mother had this set up in her den. Three of us at a time sometimes sat to watch TV. And she would sleep there at night sometimes, or guests, too. Hers really looked lovely.

At some point she bought a couch without arms. You could sleep on it. But it was never as comfortable either as a couch or as a sofa. The old twin bed looked better, was a more comfortable couch and a way more comfortable bed.

That is what I would do. I posted a picture down below of something I like. But there are all kinds of looks.

Last edited:

Copabanana

daybed 1.jpg

Lil

The problem with pull-outs are the bar across the back when you lay down. Instead of a pull-out that you lay on at a right angle to the couch, maybe look for a jack-knife sofa, instead? Those you lay on with the divot between the two people, instead of across the bar. Just a thought.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Yes that bar is a stinker. I would go to a furniture store and ask. Tell them you are looking for comfort!

We had one years ago that was comfy. I think it was a Jenny Convertible or something like that. Not sure if that is the name or not. It wasn't cheap though. I'd imagine you'll pay a bit more but in the end it is worth it if you're going to put guests on it (that are over 30 LOL)!