Teen peeing in glasses

Miss Muffet

Does anybody out there have a teen that pees in glasses, cups, or soda bottles? My 14 year old son has been doing this daily now. He does it and then leaves the glass on my living room table. He lies and says its gatorade or whatever else he can think of. He has anxiety and depression. He is seeing a psychiatrist now and recently started seeing a psychologist. Though I didn't mention this part out of embarrassment.

He has not been sexually abused. He has had a stressful life though. I am divorced. Left his father before he started school. His father is in his life though. I just wanted to figure out if this is part of another mental sickness.

I did just leave a voicemail and an email to his docs today because I can't take anymore. And I didn't want to tell them in front of him as he may refuse to see them after that out of embarrassment. Don't know.

He stopped going to school. He's on home hospital. (Teacher comes to our house). His severe anxiety appears to be the cause of medical symptoms. To much to go on about this. Just looking for answers. :(
Yes I’m going through the same thing. But I took a swig thinking it was my water in the cup. My son is 10. I have been waiting to see a psychiatrist for 3 years. Don’t know what to do. He was talking to a psychologist but the behaviours have not improved.

Lil

@Miss Muffet I think you need your own thread, perhaps in General Parenting? This is a very old thread and I don't know you'll get much input here. @runawaybunny , can you help?

Hang in there Miss Muffet. I'm sure other's will have suggestions or at least let you know they share your pain.

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I’m going through the same thing. But I took a swig thinking it was my water in the cup. My son is 10. I have been waiting to see a psychiatrist for 3 years. Don’t know what to do. He was talking to a psychologist but the behaviours have not improved.
Welcome @Miss Muffet. I'm sorry you are facing such a stressful parenting situation. It must be very frustrating to have to wait so long to get your son in to see a psychiatrist. Hang in there. You are not alone.

TerryJ2

Hi Miss Muffett, my son did that, especially in Coke bottles. He usually did it at night. We think it was because he did not want to get up to go to the bathroom. He was very ADHD and in the moment, to the point where the rest of the world did not exist. Now he is an adult and he barely remembers it. We still want to know why he left the bottles in his room and did not dump them. We were hoping that when he was an adult, he would be able to explain everything. But he can't.