Teeth extraction

Wish

Ugh, if it isn't one thing, it's another. I have had some bad times with health, but never this numerous in this short amount of time.

Anyway, tooth broke 2 months ago. Didn't have money to get it fixed (no dental insurance). Became infected recently and the other tooth right beside it needed to come out too. So had that done this morning. Fun. With so much more expensive dental work in the near future to be done.

I had it done 10 hours ago, and still changing gauze out because it's still bleeding. They said it should stop bleeding by tomorrow morning. So am I suppose to sleep with gauze in my mouth? The patient coordinator said yes , but what if I wind up choking on it while I sleep? Anyone know what to do here?

Ugh. Miserable. Yucky. In pain but not that much pain thank God. I just want the bleeding to stop so I can take this gauze out finally. The dentist suggest tea bags but I don't know what tea bags to use and they closed for the day. I am about to google it now.

New Leaf

Oh Wish, what a thing to be going through. Sorry, I don’t have any suggestions but just wanted to wish you well and hope that the tea works. Hang in there! This, too shall pass!
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

Tired out

Wish I had Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) this sooner.. instead of gauze, if available use a tea bag, helps stop bleeding sooner (old dental surgeon tip) . then lay down on side (with extraction)with head elevated, bag of frozen peas or corn under your face. They heal faster if kept cold for the 1st 12 hours. put a towel over ice/ frozen veggies, just let you mouth be partly open =and ooze onto old towel. best not to spit --break seal that is trying to form. Good luck I hope it heals quickly. I HATE dental problems and I have plenty. I was a very sick kid with high fevers and the drugs they used on me and the fevers caused most of my adult teeth to be hollow or weak!

Nomad

Staff member
Feel better soon. Dental stuff is so hard.

I have a friend that gets her teeth cleaned 3x a year now and never has any issues...so I have started doing that and now I don’t either it seems. My husband jumped on it too. It is expensive though. I’m also flossing and have largely cut out sugar. I had a dental injury about five years ago that was a doozy. So...I’m very motivated to at least try to avoid the major stuff. Doesn’t always work. I did have a broken tooth a year ago. Ugh.

Again, feel better soon!