Tell us one unusual thing about yourself

4sumrzn

I never hocked a loogie -

I never tried to pawn snot either -

I DID attempt a farmers blow once - blew that booger right back on my cheek - went in the grocery store with snot smeard all over my cheek. In my defense - I was testing the limits of my new prescription for valium.

And no one ever said a word.

:surprise:
One of those things you find in your own car mirror - after you've walked around in the store getting 'those' looks and thinking OMG I AM A SEXY WOMAN....then get to your car and see boogers smeared on your cheek. Yeah - not much of a let down. Wouldn't have dated a man that couldn't tell me I had a booger and snot on my face from the git go.

OMG.....if I can ever stop laughing....

I'm the one that took care of the lamb.......yes, baby bottle fed & slept in the bed. No ponies in the house though.

You all are very entertaining!

I still haven't come up with much.

I almost drowned on vacation in Cape Cod when I was 18. My sister & a friend got caught in a riptide....I went out after them, gave them a raft. People on the beach formed a human chain to bring them in. I couldn't stay with the flow of it & I got stuck...up to try to breathe, down to slam the bottom. My mom ran down the beach to get a surfer. He made it to me in time......no bathing suit left, scrapes & bruises from hitting the bottom......scary day in the hospital. So.......the power of the ocean still makes me nervous.

trinityroyal

I'm sure that you would never be responsible for one of those forms where they leave an area the size of a postage stamp for "Name, address and telephone number". Or the ones with a large expanse of white space labeled with the self-contradicting sentence "This area intentionally left blank."

I road test every single form. If I can't fill it out then I figure that no one else can and it goes back to the drawing board. If it still doesn't feel right, I give it to difficult child for a second try. If he (Short term memory and interpretive language issues) can get it then I know it will work for everyone.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Oh, I once went to sea world and saw the porpouses the next day went swimming with a cousin and they came and swam with us in the ocean.

I fell out of a raft white water rafting down the Colorado River. I used my oar to push off the bottom to get back up. My family made fun of me because they swore I just never stopped paddling. (I also never saw my dad move quite that fast as that day).

I love to go canoeing but have no one to go with these days. My dad died before we could do MADRAC together.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ok, now that I've read pages of stuff and have a better idea of what you all consider unusual, I've come up with more.

I've met: Hank Jr., Carl Perkins, Alabama (kinda), 3 Doors Down, Theory Of A Deadman, Daniel the cutie drummer for Nickelback (he was with 3Doors at one time) and in the whole 6 degrees type of thing, I'm only 2 away from many musicians and bands.

A friend of my dad's was once offered (and turned down) the song Achey Breaky Heart.

I too dip potato chips in applesauce (and pork chops). I also will dip my fries in my milkshake but only if the shake is vanilla.

I can go almost anywhere and see someone I know.

I know before I pull into my driveway if someone has been to my house while I was gone. I've been able to do that since I was a kid.

I CAN hock a loogie although I've never measured distance.

I can pick things up and/or throw things with my toes.

My first job was detassling corn.

Give me basic shelter and tools and I can live anywhere. I won't like it, but I can do it. (like a cabin in the woods with only a woodstove or fireplace)

When I was 17, I informed my 21 year old boyfriend (who had collected Playboy's for YEARS) that every issue has a Playboy bunny emblem hidden on the cover.

Lothlorien

I've never done a farm blow, but alas, I'm a loogie hocker. Can't help it with all these darn sinus infections.

I can throw a coin from the passenger side, over the car and make it into the toll booth! We New Jersey gals Rock!!!! That is definitely a Jersey thing!

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG. Passing up Achey Breaky Heart....he made his career and fortune from that song.

You've met some people!! I've met some celebs with my business (can't say who as it's a contractual thing), but not many old schoolers.

(useless side note: I know rhinos have no sweat glands.) Aren't you impressed?

Abbey

klmno

I still ask for a horse every Christmas. (when i met my x I got the horses @$$)

Somehow I just knew that I had things in common with others on this forum the first day I found it...

Star*

call 911........call 911
I road test every single form. If I can't fill it out then I figure that no one else can and it goes back to the drawing board. If it still doesn't feel right, I give it to difficult child for a second try. If he (Short term memory and interpretive language issues) can get it then I know it will work for everyone.

I guess this is an unusual thing about myself -

When I get those forms? You know the ones that are crusty, tiny, couldn't get your name on it? I take a blank one home, re-do the form, send it on a disc back to the office manager with a letter explaining how unprofessional I thought their form was and offer also a hard copy of mine from the disc.

Currently over 1/2 of the folks I've done this for use my form.

*I've never been compensated or even gotten a thank you.

**I made out a complaint form for the ones that used my form and never said thank you and sent a hard copy and a copy on disc.

I'm a sock snob too -

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well Jersey - when you toss the coin out the passenger side window this Ohio girl could catch it going the opposite direction doing 35 mph, toss it back out my drivers window, bop it with my head, shoot it behind my back with a mirror and a .38, put a hole in it and put it BACK in your basket so you could hit the pike.

(buffs fingers with breath) ...............

That is a lie -

I am TOTALLY impressed you can do that - there is NO WAY I would even attempt it - if I lost the coin? I'd be in park, out looking for it and probably get run over by those waiting for me to get my Monkish self together.

When we go to the fair? Loth goes with me to the bball toss.

donna723

Trinity, bless your little heart for doing your part to make forms easier to fill out!

Believe it or not, the absolute worst one I've ever seen came from the Red Cross! The Bloodmobile came to where we work and about a dozen of us were sitting in the admin building lobby filling out the forms before we went out to give blood. We were all just zipping through the forms, but then everybody, one by one, would get to a certain point, stop writing, and just look mystified! The question that stumped us was on what race we were! We'd look at each other and say, "What the ... ?" It wasn't just simple like: B ( ) W ( ) ... it was at least twenty little 2-letter abbreviations that made no sense to anybody!! What is an "SA"? If I was one, wouldn't I already know it? What is a "WA"? Or an "EE"? So there we sat, a dozen seemingly intelligent gainfully employed adults trying to figure out what race we were! Most of us ended up just leaving it blank - not as embarassing for them to think we just overlooked it as to admit that none of us knew what race we were!

We never did find out what all of them were supposed to be ... one was some kind of Eskimo from one isolated far flung section of Alaska. We don't tend to have a lot of Eskimos in this part of Tennessee so we didn't know that one!

:frostbite::frostbite::frostbite:

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm always stumped by tax forms. Not the federal either. The federal forms are a breeze for me. It's the Indiana state tax form that kills me everytime.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I rensent that remark -

I am Inuit and I live in Tennessee.

That is a lie.

I'm Transylvanian and I live in the bat cave.

That is a lie.

I'm the from Easter Island and I live under a rock.

That is a lie.

I'm Mediteranian and Native American and I live under a rock.

That is the truth I think no wait CR!PE

I'm adopted and I live in a shoe

Thank goodness for odoreaters.....

That is the biggest lie - I live in a boot:whiteflag:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
When I went to live with my Father I was 13 he was a music promoter.We lived in Marin. Just over the Golden Gate Bridge. Having no Fatherly skills he took me to ALL of the concerts, recordings meetings etc. So until I was 16 he was promoting Buddy Miles the second drummer for Jimi Hendrix. He also worked with Randy Jackson from American Idol. I met and hung out with- The Dead, Journey, Santana, Huey Luis. Pointer Sisters, Tower of Power, a bunch more.
And the topper was Carlos Santana sang me Happy Birthday on my 16 birthday. With Buddy.

oh and Greg Errico who played with "Sly and the Family Stone" was my Mom's cousin...

Abbey

Spork Queen
When I went to live with my Father I was 13 he was a music promoter.We lived in Marin. Just over the Golden Gate Bridge. Having no Fatherly skills he took me to ALL of the concerts, recordings meetings etc. So until I was 16 he was promoting Buddy Miles the second drummer for Jimi Hendrix. He also worked with Randy Jackson from American Idol. I met and hung out with- The Dead, Journey, Santana, Huey Luis. Pointer Sisters, Tower of Power, a bunch more.
And the topper was Carlos Santana sang me Happy Birthday on my 16 birthday. With Buddy.

oh and Greg Errico who played with "Sly and the Family Stone" was my Mom's cousin...

Dang, Toto...what great memories!

Probably the best one I've had is hearing / seeing was Rolls Royce singing Car Wash. Didn't meet her, but it was a very small venue. I'll try to explain.

The Orleans Hotel has an Irish pub. Now...you wouldn't think you'd see old school disco there, but it's kind of a secret place that these people hang out. They have a standing band of about 8 guys (youngest being about 60) and they just play for whatever artist comes in.

You wouldn't know them from any other person in the place...until they sing. Then you're like...OMG! That's so and so. They sing a song or two and then sit down.

Toto, does your dad still do this stuff?

Abbey

everywoman

Got another celebrity sighting--
In my late teens I frequented a small bar in Pawley's Island, SC. It was very small, probably held 50 people tops. And quaint. One night, sometime after midnight, Jimmy Buffet strolled in, walked up on stage, ordered margaritas for the house, and started strumming and singing. His brother in law and sister have a home north of the Island in Debidou Country Club. And his brother in law is one of husband's best customers.

DammitJanet

I got groped in the elevator at Sax Fifth Avenue in NYC when I was 15 and visiting my boyfriends father for Christmas vacation. I learned not to make small talk to strangers...lol.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I met Roy Acuff when I was a kid. My dad shook his hand and he talked with us. He would play at the campground outside of Opryland once in a while. He was really nice.