Tell us one unusual thing about yourself

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Geeze, the closest I've ever come to a celebrity sighting was seeing the local Channel 5 weather man in a Chick-father in law-A. That is, unless you count the many encounters with George Clooney I've had in my mind ;)

mstang67chic

Going Green
We ran into Stephen King while vacationing in Maine. I have to say, he was kinda creepy looking...I swear it. :surprise:

LOL I read a book about Drew Barrymore once. In it she said that as a child while working on the Firestarter, she would spend the night at King's house hanging out with his kids. He used to tell them scary bedtime stories at night and she never slept a wink! :surprise:

trinityroyal

Believe it or not, the absolute worst one I've ever seen came from the Red Cross! [... ]The question that stumped us was on what race we were! We'd look at each other and say, "What the ... ?" It wasn't just simple like: B ( ) W ( ) ... it was at least twenty little 2-letter abbreviations that made no sense to anybody!! What is an "SA"? If I was one, wouldn't I already know it? What is a "WA"? Or an "EE"? So there we sat, a dozen seemingly intelligent gainfully employed adults trying to figure out what race we were! Most of us ended up just leaving it blank - not as embarassing for them to think we just overlooked it as to admit that none of us knew what race we were!

This is the sort of thing that makes my Process Engineer heart just break.:soapbox:

Sounds to me like the Red Cross had one of those facilitated forms (You know, where some staffer is supposed to ask you the questions and fill out the form FOR you). And they got lazy and just handed it out to people. YEESH!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I got groped in the elevator at Sax Fifth Avenue in NYC when I was 15 and visiting my boyfriends father for Christmas vacation. I learned not to make small talk to strangers...lol.

I know I shouldn't be laughing at this, but I am. Of all places...Sax??? You think they'd have a 'little' bit higher clientele.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I owned a Merry Maids years ago - they teach you to vacuum farthest point from the door - up/back, move the vacuum over 1 vacuum width and up/back, repeat -

When it's done? It has the appearance of cleaned carpets, and lets the owner know you vacuumed EVERY nook and cranny.

Oddly enough -I did this before I bought into the franchise world and some of MY cleaning practices are being used by them still. I'm neurotic about it.

And when I'm stressed I clean like no one can -

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I was responding to Beth's post and *alas* there's something else strange....not me, but my oldest....his guts are backwards.

And I got tired of vacuuming so I ripped out all my carpet.

OpenWindow

I vacuum my kitchen counters, before I 409 them.

I met Nelly - he was going to the sound studio that was in the back area of our offices (it was a small studio so I'm not sure why he was there). He stopped and said "Hey" and gave me a peace sign.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
That's catchy.

I think I'll be that for Halloween. Put twisted streamers off of me and walk around with my family.

Write "flypaper for freaks" on a huge top hat on my head with a hanger sticking out of it....

Thanks, Star.

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
I was a competetive gymnast from the age of 8-16. I was asked to join a gym that has sent several gymnasts to the Olympics. My parents were NOT willing to send me to Texas at age 14 to join that gym. I was heart broken but it was a good thing I didn't go. At age 16, I was doing a newish trick on the balance beam and landed badly and messed up my back and my shoulder. After many tests, it was found that I had severe arthritis in both. No more gymnastics for me!

I can still do a mean round off back hand spring and the kiddos are always asking me to show them one more time! LOL!!

I know American Sign Language pretty fluently. Am not as fast at finger spelling as I'd like but can converse rather well.

I can "feel" when it's going to rain, even when there are no visible clouds. I get a bad headache and I can smell the rain coming. husband used to make fun of me until I proved to him many times that it was going to rain and it DID!

I make the best casserole ever that will get even the pickiest eater to clean their plate! And the best part is, it is soooo easy to make!! I get people asking me to make it for them all the time.

Not too interesting, just a boring old gal here!! LOL!

Vickie

barbie

MOM of 3
I am an american idol reject. In season two, I auditioned got past the first round, got to Randy, Simon and Paula and they said thank you, you have a nice voice, not a great one and you dont have the image we're trying to portray for an american idol. (preinterview questions determined that)

I was accepted to northwestern my freshman year in high school to enter their performing arts program. I used to love a stage now I just wanna stay home.

Abbey

Spork Queen
And WHERE is that tattoo? ;)

Image is nearly everything in entertainment. Sorry it didn't work out, but I bet it was a great experience!!

This has...I believe it has to be a record, the longest and most interesting post to read. It's preventing me from taking a shower and going to work.:anxious:

Abbey

This has...I believe it has to be a record, the longest and most interesting post to read. It's preventing me from taking a shower and going to work.:anxious:

Abbey
You are right. This thread ranks 1st in number of replies (but currently only 9th in number of times viewed).