"Temporary Insanity"... or "What Was I Thinking When I Said Yes To These Babies?"

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I know what you mean, Abbey. My mom thinks we should have waited until we know for certain that they're all hens before naming them. Too late now!

Anyhoo... that picture I posted is about a week old now. They spent the last two mornings and the better part of the afternoons in the kids' old wooden sandbox with plastic netting secured to the top. I made some shade and put a plastic milk crate upside down for them to hide in, then scattered some pine shavings and stuck their food and water in. They LOVE it! With all the extra room they can flap and run around all they want. Butterscotch can fly up about a foot now with the new wing feathers that have come in. She surprised me and got up on the edge of the aquarium when I took the lid off today. :D

Had to bring them all in around 1:30pm tho--- it was getting really hot and the poor little things were panting :(

I figure husband has about two, maybe three more weekends before he has to get some kind of run built for them... I emailed a link with construction ideas to him today.

Star*

call 911........call 911
There once was a chicken named Hester
She was quite a fantastic nester
When asked for her eggs
She stood up on her legs
Then said they wouldn't be here without Chester.

There once was a rooster named Chet
Who loved all the hens he could get
Once out of the coop
O're the girls he would swoop
and well that's where you have to ask which came first the chicken or the egg.

SHARI - YOU are in the book - OMG ROFLM pitch fork O