Thanksgiving plans?

BusynMember

Anyone know what is going on yet?

We are having Princess and Baby come up here and having it at Jumper's house. Christmas too. I am used to driving to Illinois but since Jumper and I both have homes now, we may not go down there for holidays anymore. We are planning a traditional dinner.

Anyone else know yet?

KTMom91

We're having a non-traditional dinner at my mom's; also celebrating my birthday. Everything's pretty low-key.

KTMom91

Last year we had sukiyaki. It depends on what my mom feels like cooking. She doesn't want to do the turkey etc. when there are only three of us there.

CareTooMuch

Traditionally we've had Thanksgiving at my parents home... husband, ds's, me, my brother and his son. But now that my parents and my family have had a falling out, husband,younger son and I are driving out of town to older son and wife's home. Quite a change but will be good to start a new tradition.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
This is our first year in our new home and new state.

We had invited older boys down for Christmas (along with their fiancees) and offered to pay the fares for all four of them. Due to jobs, college etc. it will not work out that we are all together but they do plan to visit separately within the next few months.

So it will be the three of us for both holidays this year. Our son is coming back to live with us November 18th after he graduates from his 13 month faith based program. He is eager to "live a normal life" and we are glad that he is sober and "has been reprogrammed" as he put it.

We plan to make a traditional turkey dinner - probably just a turkey breast since there are only us three. We will make whatever sides he wants also!

Lil

Yay! We have plans! A dear friend of mine for various reasons won't be seeing her family (adult daughters and grand - not my story to tell, but she would fit in with some of us) and so she had no plans. She LOVES to cook and entertain and so Jabber and I are going to her house! It's quite a drive, but so worth it. :) It was funny - it made her so happy over feeding US a fantastic home-cooked meal. She's a wonderful cook! So she's happy and I don't have to cook or sit home doing nothing. Win-Win for Lil and Jabber! LOL