The Bachelor

Nancy

I hate it when a guy says he wants to be the protector and take care of his wife and then as soon as she shows any weakness he runs the other way. Sean knew early on what AshLee's background was and what her vulnerabilities were. You are either attracted to that or you aren't and he kept her around knowing she was becoming more and more dependant on him. He's 29, he's not some young kid who just started dating and doesn't know what he wants. I was glad she left without saying anything to him.

Catherine doesn't want to be tied down now, even in her responses to him she is obvious that she isn't ready.

Lindsay is very young and I guess it pays to eat bugs. There is no way I would ever eat a bug to prove I was adventurous to a guy. I hate these tests he gives them to prove whether they are outdoorsy or adventurous enough for him.

That's my bachelor vent for this week.

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Move over, Nancy. I want to get up on that soap box :soapbox: and have a vent or three myself.

I read the spoilers a long time ago but remembered them wrong so I was sure that Lindsey was going home last night. I was almost as surprised as AshLee when she didn't receive the rose. lol!

Truth be told, in her shoes I wouldn't have talked to him either.

The thing that always annoys me are the voice overs where they always say "I didn't think I could fall in love with 3 women (men) at one time but I am." What a load of hogwash.

And my other vent is how "destroyed" these women are when they leave but by the time the show airs almost all of them say that they are "over it." Over it in 3 months? It sure doesn't sound like rest-of-your-life kind of love to me. It makes me question everyone's sincerity.

Vent over...Soapbox available for the next person...

Susie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
According to Reality Steve, AshLee is there and she and Sean get to talk a bit.

Tierra is supposedly there too for part of the show. We will need to wear our waders when we watch her part because the :censored2: will be so deep.

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
I don't think Sean planned a date to eat bugs. According to Reality Steve, the participants go through a lot of psychological screening and the producers know who is afraid of heights, closed spaces, bugs, etc. and then those are the contestants that are picked for those dates to add drama. Afraid of heights? That's the one that is chosen to rappel down a tall building. Afraid of bugs . . . go on a date and eat some bugs.

I believe that Sean gets to tell the producers who he likes and what kind of activities he enjoys but the dates are planned by the producers.

DDD

WHY do we keep watching this show??????? I'm getting less patient each year or the blankin' show is getting nuttier.
Yes, I stayed awake to the end and I still think Lindsay is going to be "it". on the other hand, lol, I really, honestly and truly don't get how these women are so vulnerable. Like a dope I got married when I was a college sophomore and by the time I was the age of most of these contestants I had three kids, a job, a sense of self etc. I can't help but wonder "what to heck makes these beautiful young women so vulnerable?" When you are pushing thirty you should be able to see beyond the "Ken" exterior. Maybe it's because they are geting afraid that they may never have a family? I don't know but it makes me sad that these girls are thinking like "girls" and not "women". Yikes. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kathy, if that is true, I am looking forward to the first lawsuit from the woman who said she was afraid of heights and fainted or pooped her pants and then was humiliated by what happened. Honestly, the more I think of this show, the more I am starting to hate it for being so fake and contrived. :soapbox:

ugh ugh ugh

Nancy

He didn't have to make her eat the darn bugs. Of course she knew if she didn't eat them she would go home, that's what he did to the one who wouldn't go into the freezing water. I think he's sadistic. I think Sarah should sue the show for humiliating her and him for going along with it.

I think Sean has put the final nail in the coffin for me and this show. I really don't like what he is putting these women through.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I believe I'm in agreeance with the rest of you all. I've had enough of it too. I can't believe this season is the way it is, far worse then any others. It's very humiliating and Sean....well while he did seem nice last go 'round, this time not so much. He's like one of those guys you meet and you know they are charming on the outside but manipulating as heck otherwise and know to steer clear of!

It's a sick, sick way it's going. I wish all of us and any others who feel this way could write into the show and let them know how we feel. Whether it is HIM or if it's THEM who are at the root cause of how this is playing out, especially this year. It needs to be known that it's disgusting and should NOT be repeated ever!

Just my .02.

I was pulling for AshLee and I'm not bitter that she went home, in fact I'm GLAD she did to get away from him now. She does NOT deserve to be with him and I hope she goes on to something far better. I really hope they do NOT bring her back as the next batchlorette, sadly. I think she is better then this show.

DDD

Last year I tried to find the mailing address so that I could write and complain. If you find it...I'm in! DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
The ratings are the highest they have been for the last two years. I don't think the producers would care about your letters. I just watch it knowing how fake it all is and that there hasn't been a single bachelor match that resulted in a wedding with their initial pick.

Ali from a few seasons ago writes a blog and has let out some of the secrets. She recounted her two-on-one date with two of the guys that she knew she wasn't picking so she just told the producers that they could pick whichever one they wanted to stay. She said they picked the one with the girlfriend back home to stay since they knew it would provide drama down the line.

I wish one of them would write a tell-all book but I think that the contracts that they sign to go on the show are ironclad and they wouldn't have the money to fight the ABC lawyers that would come after them. They have even sued Reality Steve twice to try to keep him from posting spoilers.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Nancy and DDD, the only address is found on CBS website and they have an email but I've written to them before. No response. In fact I've seen them not give 2 hoots over anything. In particular was the show "2 broke girls" that a lot of people like. You can't watch in online and you won't find it on demand or in hulu (pay version). You MUST watch it live or forfeit watching it altogether. Seems like CBS has strange controls over things that they find people like or don't like.

DDD

I keep forgetting that the mantra of the times is "they don't give a darn". on the other hand, I am jaded lately as one more time our real estate offer got NO results....not NO...not YES...not counter offer. It's probably because I am seriously getting old but I just can't believe that big corporations don't give a rat's. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I guess the only saving grace is that many of these "beautiful people" have found love with fellow bachelors/bachelorettes, just not in their own season.

I expect that the network is happy as long as people are talking about it- they don't care if the chatter is good, bad or indifferent.

Suz