The big day is here!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
We leave tomorrow to pick up our son from his 13 month faith based program. He has been sober for 14 months. Longest by far since "this" all started.

I have mixed feelings.
  • I am beyond happy that this nightmare (and that's an understatement; there is no "word" for it) can be put in our rear view mirror.
  • I'm happy to get our family missing link back into place.
  • I'm excited to see him finally have a clear head for long enough to make good choices in his life.
  • I'm thrilled to not have to feel the guilt of him living with the bare minimum.
  • I'm scared that he will not stay on track.
Of course, none of this is in my control. It took me a long time to realize this. A long time.

I have continued to rely on my faith and his faith to take us through this to the other side.

I so appreciate all of your kind words and guidance and will still be here to get advice, let you know how it's going and hopefully help others along the way.

Keep the faith. None of us can predict the future. We just hope that we can tread water and swim in the right direction.
:warrior:

elizabrary

This is great news! Hope all goes well and he keeps to the right path. Keep us posted. Sending positive energy to all of you.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Hi RN

Wow time has flown by. I am wishing every continued success to you and your son. Best of all positive things come to you and your son continues to succeed.

Ironbutterfly

If focused on a single leaf you won't see the tree
RN- I know the mixed emotions you have with your son coming home. I pray that your son will be successful in his new path in life and wish the best for you and your family.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Thank you all so much.

We had a great weekend with our 3 boys. It was so great for all of us to be together.

My son is so happy to be home and he is really a changed man. The speech he gave on Saturday was so emotional and touching. I taped it and watch it over and over.

God has really changed him and I was a believer before but now it just has reinforced it all for me. I'm so thrilled that he has a new lease on life and we are so happy to have the missing link back in the fold.

Everything is falling into place for him and we couldn't be happier.

There is hope, there really is. I'm so thankful for the program he was in. There is so much good there. I just can't gush enough about it.

I know the hard work will continue but he has a good foundation.

I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!
:thanksgiving11: