The Sweetest Thing

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by susiestar, Aug 23, 2019.

1. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

My hubby is gone. Not even 2 weeks after our 28th anniversary. I don't even know how to cope. I have to go set up the funeral tomorrow. We are giving him a full Catholic Mass. He would want it, and his parents want it. I don't mind. The kids are okay with that. We are asking that people wear bright colors and not black. He wore tie dye to our wedding reception, and would want tie dye or at least bright colors for this.

Wiz and Tyler did the sweetest thing for hm. They remembered all the years that he read bedtime stories to them. Especially the Hank the Cowdog stories with all the character voices. They got one of the books on the tablet and they read out loud until he was gone.

One of the kids' friends came to be with us for the day. She was so sweet to us all. Hubby thought of her as another daughter, and so do I. She drove over 100 miles to be there for us all. She left just before we had the tubes taken out, to let us be just the family at the end.

Some of his friends from elementary school also came to the hospital the day before or that morning. One of them lives here but was on the other side of the country when he got my message. He flew back just for this. My husband touched so many lives. We have gotten messages from past jobs, from students he taught, from people he met around town, and it means so much. It would all mean the world to him. But having Wiz be there and read to him with Tyler, well, nothing would mean more to him.

2. Copabanana

Copabanana Well-Known Member

Dear, sweet Susie: I am so glad there is here for us. Please know you are in our embrace. We admire you beyond words. We would want more than anything to take away your pain and loss. You are a hero in life. I feel so sad for you and for your children. Your husband was as blessed as are you. How much sweeter can life be than this, what you are and what you have?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  3. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Many gentle hugs, Susie. The boys reading to him - how perfect is that? And the tie dye - what a wonderful idea!

4. BusynMember

BusynMember Active Member

I thought of you this morning and sentprayers and loving light to you're tire family. Be well and do stay in touch. We care.

5. overcome mom

overcome mom Member

I read your post yesterday and thought and prayed for you and your family many times today. I am so sorry for your lost .

6. ahhjeez

ahhjeez Active Member

I just want to say how sorry I am for your loss. You and yours have been in my thoughts since you posted. What beautiful, amazing, sweet kids you have. I'm sure your husband found great comfort in hearing them read to him as he passed. My deepest condolences and I will be praying for your peace and comfort.

7. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Well-Known Member

Dear Susie and family,
    I’ve read your recent posts with a broken heart. I’m sending heartfelt condolences and many, many prayers for all of you at this time. God’s peace and love to you.

8. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry.
    That was sweet of Wiz and Tyler.
    So lovely that you’ve had good people by your side.
    Your arrangement plans are so filled with love.
    Gentle hugs and prayers.

9. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

Gentle hugs for your grieving family. The kids reading to their father moved me to tears. Know that you and your family are loved by everyone here.

10. Tanya M

Tanya M Living with an attitude of gratitude Staff Member

You are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this very difficult time. I am just so sorry for your loss.

11. Nandina

Nandina Member

May the memories of your many happy times together comfort and sustain you in the days ahead.

12. RN0441

RN0441 100% better than I was but not at 100% yet

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard this must be but I am sure you are thankful that he is no longer suffering.

I do hope you stick around here on the forum also because we would miss your insight and great advice!

13. B’smom

B’smom Member

I am so sorry to hear he lost his battle with cancer That was very thoughtful of Wiz and Tyler to read to him.

We are here for you (((Hugs)))

14. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I just saw this (don't get here that often anymore) but I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers and love your way.

15. Deni D

Deni D Member

Susie ~ I hope you are holding up okay. I'm so sorry for your loss. I have followed your recent posts and silently prayed for a miracle for your husband. It seems the miracle is that he is no longer suffering and your family and friends have come together to be so loving during his final time on this earth. Many prayers for peace, love and contentment for you as you move forward.