Therapies ---- natural, prescriptive, programs, etc.

I think that we can break this down once we get a compilation of everyone's contributions. I would like to see vitamin therapies, experiences with prescriptive, herbal treatments, and behaviour mod programs, whatever has worked or not for you all!

Just wanted to mention that besides the psychiatrist that my son is seeing-they placed him in a boys group. He meets with boys around his age with similar problems and difficulties once each week on Friday for an hour. This was meant to help with his self-esteem problems-has very low self-esteem --confirmed by testing.
They talk about their fears, problems, feelings, etc. with a psychologist who runs the group. This is the best thing they could have done for him. He loves the group-because the kids there all accept him for who he is. They do not pick on him or tease him. They treat him as one of the guys and he loves that!! And so do we!!

------------------
Susie/30/FE/Louisiana, divorced for last 9 years; now engaged to Arlan who has full custody of his children (two boys: C-12 yrs and A.J.-18yrs old) REASON I'M HERE: Bobby (my difficult child)Adhd,Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD),Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD),odd?depressed,etc...Need all the help and support I can get!!!

[This message has been edited by susiearnernurse (edited 08-27-99).]

[This message has been edited by susiearnernurse (edited 08-27-99).]

The therapist we use, prescibes to both behavioral therapy and to using education. She tells us that our daughter does not know what good behavior is so we need to teach her what good behavior is. It turns out this is what they use for people with autism.