Three things we would change about ourselves

BusynMember

This I guess goes along with the other thread. But I didn't want us to dwell on too much negative so I dropped it to three :)

1. Oversensitivity

2. Clumsiness

3. Talk too fast; talk too much

Last edited:

wisernow

wisernow
seeing the world through rose coloured glasses(trusting too much)
wanting to be more of a risk taker (am always doing the "right" thing)
trying to fix everything (I have learnt a lot about that(

ksm

Being indecisive and over thinking everything

Being afraid to speak in public

Procrastinating...

Nomad

Staff member
Overthinking!

At times these others, but knock on wood...I think I’ve made some improvements:
Over-sensitivity
Over-talking...blah blah blah lol

Last edited:

BusynMember

Nomad, good for bringing up your improvements, which we can also discuss. Good job!!!

My oversensitivity often caused me to either cry or get angry. Both are much better now, especially the anger part. When I was young I got angry a lot, but I am pretty peaceful now and, with the exception of some family of origin, have been fairly chill for decades. My hub and kids would not say I have a bad temper. Nobody, really, except FOO. I don't have many left and don't see those that are...so I am easy going most of the time.

My too much talk is a terrible habit that I have to think about to curb. I often do but sometimes I forget. Those close to me know that it is fine to remind me to stop when I do this.

Anyone else make improvements where you wanted to?

Lil

Procrastination. I put things off until I'm so overwhelmed I just don't know where to start, so I don't start and then don't do anything and it never gets done.

Over-sharing. I'm a spill-your-guts about personal things to people who just don't care kind of person.

Worrying. I worry too much about everything; whether someone is mad at me, how my son is doing, whether I'm procrastinating or talking too much...I'm a worry-wart. It keeps me awake at night.

Nomad

Staff member
lil...we have things in common.

I see “over talking”and “over sharing” have come up a few times.

It can be sort of friendly or simply problematic.

My husband rarely ever does this!

But today someone asked about how much something cost and he told him. I said you could of not answered or said “over xxx of dollars .” The person didn’t need to know specifics. He said it’s as if we reversed roles.

It’s tricky though.

I’m more careful now because I see where a family friend may of got in a bind with an unscrupulous person as the result of over sharing.

That is the worst outcome I suppose.

But, like was said...some people just don’t care and then you feel awkward or worse.

It’s a thing I’m working hard to change.

Lil

But today someone asked about how much something cost and he told him. I said you could of not answered or said “over xxx of dollars .” The person didn’t need to know specifics. He said it’s as if we reversed roles.

My kind is usually oversharing about my son - his Difficult Child years - etc. Not as bad now that things are more or less settled (knock wood) but the world does not need to know all my problems and I sometimes find myself blurting it out.

Case in point, Jabber and I were at our favorite Irish pub the other day and a young man, not much older than our son, struck up a conversation with us. At some point the fact that we had a son not much younger than him came up and that he lives in Colorado. He asked what he does there. My response was "Smoke pot and work at Burger King."

I could have just said "working for a living, like everyone does", but the young man's reaction actually WAS pretty funny. :p

BusynMember

I used to overshare way too much. It was about everything. In return, people tended to overshare with me....I was a bit careful who I overshared with...seemed to know who I could tell. Two became great friends for over a few decades. Now though, if I trust someone intuitively, and feel a desire to share, I will ask first if they mind if I tell them something personal. Some people say they would rather I did not! Good for them!

Once I start talking I tend to be long-winded, like with my posts! I am aware of this and try not to do it but it doesn't always work.

My husband, whom I think is the best man on Earth, gently reminds me,"you told me this yesterday and I don't have memory problems. Yet!" He uses kind humor.

I never get even little upset if somebody tells me I need to not talk too much.

Lil I so get wanting to share about your son...it is hard to do it alone when things are hard. I am glad that now you can say "Hey, news about my son! He has been working for a long time and a wonderful young woman fell in love with him and there is going to be a wedding!"

Everyone likes good news!