JJJ

Ugh ugh ugh! Eeyore has been on Geodon for 4 days and he woke up this morning with tongue thrusting. So frustrated...now he can't take Risperdal (lactated) or Geodon (td) and insurance no longer covers Abilify or Seroquel and our doctor hates Zyprexa and won't even talk about the old school APs.

Poor Eeyore....I'm giving it until 8am and if he is still tongue thrusting, then off to ER.

T

TeDo

Oh that poor kid. Why doesn't your insurance cover those 2 medications anymore? That makes no sense...to me anyway. Hope it stops SOON and he handles it ok. That can be a tough one.

buddy

No way to have a prior auth to do off formulary medications if you can show that the covered medications are not tolerated? Q has two off formulary medications approved because the docs appealed it and did the prior auth. I hope you can find something...those kinds of side effects are not livable so insurance should work with you. Poor guy. you must be so worried. I wonder if when the body is not tolerating the medication well and any side effect is getting ready to show up if it affects how they feel before we can see it... I mean with his past rough week??? Hugs to him.

JJJ

No way to have a prior auth to do off formulary medications if you can show that the covered medications are not tolerated? Q has two off formulary medications approved because the docs appealed it and did the prior auth. I hope you can find something...those kinds of side effects are not livable so insurance should work with you. Poor guy. you must be so worried. I wonder if when the body is not tolerating the medication well and any side effect is getting ready to show up if it affects how they feel before we can see it... I mean with his past rough week??? Hugs to him.

There is a way but it is very complicated and often fruitless. Tigger is on Seroquel and was on it when they changed what they approved, it took almost two weeks but we got approved to keep him on it but if he ever goes off it, then he won't be approved to go back on it.

JJJ

The tongue thrusting did calm down a bit so I took him to school and we met with the nurse so he would feel comfotable going to her cause 'she already knew' and if he felt better eating lunch with her, he could. I also gave his case manager a heads up cause I don't want anyone accusing him of 'faking' and thinking that he is making fun of anyone.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Oh honey, kt had the same reaction to geodon along with constant drooling. Don't you're little wonders have MA cards since they were adopted out of foster care?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I tried Zyprexa, Risperdal, and Seroquel. Not only did I gain a LOT of weight, but I developed horrible neurological side effects from them.

I now take Haldol and other than having to take Cogentin for tremors, I have had no problems with the medication.

H

HaoZi

If he won't discuss old school (why not? kick him in the shins a few times and tell him he can't have old school painkillers for it), I will say I'm liking the Latuda. I have to take it in the evening and burn off some restless energy before I go to bed (some reps with free weights works for me, if I don't do it I'm too tired but too restless to sleep).
Maybe get a list of approved medications from the insurance company and tell the doctor they have to start there (and cross out the ones you know he can't take).

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Not only that, the older APs are all out in generic. Better yet, the Haldol generic (haloperidol) is available for four dollars a month at both WalMart and Walgreen's

Star*

call 911........call 911
Just sending hugs J3-----it's like - THIS ???? THIS isn't enough - now this? UGH.

Poor babies!
Hugs