Update on J-sad news for "Irish"-happiness still available

JMom

In my book, I wrote about a man known to us as "Irish". In short, he offered my son a tent when he was homeless. Recently, Irish lost his battle with addiction. J took it pretty hard. Also, an officer was shot recently, in our little hometown by a man on meth. The man also shot and carjacked a woman shortly thereafter and fled to another state. The event started at 4 am and ended with his capture at 2 p.m. The officer lived and walked out of the hospital on his own, thank goodness.

I tell you this, not to depress you, but to tell you that my son has learned from these two, unrelated events. When Irish passed, they had not been in contact in quite some time, but the details as to his passing were hard to hear about. He overdosed on Meth and Fentanyl. when J saw the mugshot of the suspect from the officer-involved shooting, he called to ask if I had seen it. J said the man looked like he was on meth. I told J that I was so relieved that he walked away from that life.

I still believe all of our difficult (and addicted) children have hope. They are slow learners, but that is ok. J's journey started at 14, he is now 26. I realized that I have been posting here for 10 years. My boy doesn't have it all figured out, but man has he come a long way. I have come a long way. You have all come a long way and we have all the time in the world to heal.

A friend gave me the book "The Secret" recently, as a promotion gift, I made Sergeant!!! (humble brag, sorry, sorry). Have you all read it? There's a video version on Netflix called The Secret. There is also a movie made based on the book called the Secret: Dare to Dream" on Amazon Prime". I highly recommend it. It has given me so much healing and happiness.

I love you all and am forever grateful for this lifeline you throw me, year after year.

Hugs,
Jmom

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Congratulations on your promotion! I'm sure it is very well deserved and hard earned.

That movie was popular a long time ago. I will watch it when my husband is out of town (doesn't sound like a guy movie lol).

I have been here ten years also. Wow where did the time go! My son will be 26 in August. He is in school full time and just started a job at Sam's Club today part time. He's come a long way also but not "fully baked" yet as my friend says. Usually baked means loaded but she says it in a way that he still has some time to go in the "oven of life" to rise. It is very cute.

Glad to hear you are well. So sad about all the things going on in our world today.

newstart

In my book, I wrote about a man known to us as "Irish". In short, he offered my son a tent when he was homeless. Recently, Irish lost his battle with addiction. J took it pretty hard. Also, an officer was shot recently, in our little hometown by a man on meth. The man also shot and carjacked a woman shortly thereafter and fled to another state. The event started at 4 am and ended with his capture at 2 p.m. The officer lived and walked out of the hospital on his own, thank goodness.

I tell you this, not to depress you, but to tell you that my son has learned from these two, unrelated events. When Irish passed, they had not been in contact in quite some time, but the details as to his passing were hard to hear about. He overdosed on Meth and Fentanyl. when J saw the mugshot of the suspect from the officer-involved shooting, he called to ask if I had seen it. J said the man looked like he was on meth. I told J that I was so relieved that he walked away from that life.

I still believe all of our difficult (and addicted) children have hope. They are slow learners, but that is ok. J's journey started at 14, he is now 26. I realized that I have been posting here for 10 years. My boy doesn't have it all figured out, but man has he come a long way. I have come a long way. You have all come a long way and we have all the time in the world to heal.

A friend gave me the book "The Secret" recently, as a promotion gift, I made Sergeant!!! (humble brag, sorry, sorry). Have you all read it? There's a video version on Netflix called The Secret. There is also a movie made based on the book called the Secret: Dare to Dream" on Amazon Prime". I highly recommend it. It has given me so much healing and happiness.

I love you all and am forever grateful for this lifeline you throw me, year after year.

Hugs,
Jmom
Hi Jmom, I am going to say a prayer of gratitude that your son is still doing well. How wonderful. And congratulations on making Sergeant. What wonderful accomplishments. And of course prayers for your safety as you go out and keep people safe. I love to read about the kids that make the turn for the better. I know it can be done.

JMom

Congratulations on your promotion! I'm sure it is very well deserved and hard earned.

That movie was popular a long time ago. I will watch it when my husband is out of town (doesn't sound like a guy movie lol).

I have been here ten years also. Wow where did the time go! My son will be 26 in August. He is in school full time and just started a job at Sam's Club today part time. He's come a long way also but not "fully baked" yet as my friend says. Usually baked means loaded but she says it in a way that he still has some time to go in the "oven of life" to rise. It is very cute.

Glad to hear you are well. So sad about all the things going on in our world today.
Thanks so much RN! Yes, the promotion was a LONG time coming!! I was too chicken to put my name in the hat!

JMom

Hi Jmom, I am going to say a prayer of gratitude that your son is still doing well. How wonderful. And congratulations on making Sergeant. What wonderful accomplishments. And of course prayers for your safety as you go out and keep people safe. I love to read about the kids that make the turn for the better. I know it can be done.
Hey Newstart,

I love all the updates about our kids as well. It's neat to see how we all learn along with them! Great to hear from you!