Update on Rob

Getting happier

I think you did a great job with Rob, Suz. He turned out better than my difficult child who we took in at age 4 yrs. Mine did not finish highschool - so do not knock yourself, I know you did the best you could and one day you may have additions to your family through Rob and who knows what good things they may bring to this world.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Thanks for sharing this step with me Karen, RM and D3. I don't know what happened this week since our breakfast so I don't know if he followed through on anything he said he was going to do. For his sake I hope so. He can sometimes talk the talk- it's a whole different thing for him to walk the walk. Fingers crossed.

Linda, if this post gives you some hope for wm, I'm glad.

GH, Rob was pretty lucky even though he doesn't know it. He basically had to finish high school or he would have gone back to Detention, or worse. He was not only in the Residential Treatment Center (RTC), then the group home but he also had a very involved probation officer to help me put the thumbscrews on him when he got discouraged about school. I don't kid myself and think that he would have finished without all of these people breathing down his neck. :smile:

Suz

ScentofCedar

I'm glad, Suz.

You are exactly right that the best part of all was hearing Rob take responsibility for his take on life back then.

That IS huge.

But how special it must have felt, to hear him say it!

:smile:

Barbara

SunnyFlorida

I'm so happy for you Suz. That was some conversation you and Rob had. Glad that he told you there was nothing you could have done. Just that little bit of validation is really helpful to us mommies.

Talking the talk and walking the walk are yes, I'm sad to say, two different things. I'm sending lots of {{{sunny hugs}}} that Rob will continue to mesh those two.

Jen

I hate that constant empty feeling we have like as if our child died, because of the way things have turned out, adn how we feel about ourselves.
That is so nice of him to more or less "set you free", it was choice he made to be rebellious, and beyond that .

Jen