Update on son

Helpless29

So many things have happened & changed unexpectedly. My son was suppose to go live with his girlfriend & mom once released , well at the last minute while I driving to pick him up from Juvenile Detention the mom texted me they had changed there mind. I couldn’t just turn back around & let me son go back in so I told judge he can come with me. I know it was the wrong thing to do to my husband. My husband was very angry & upset . It’s been only 3 days since my son has been home, my husband has talked to my son & they seem to be getting along well, my son also got a job & started today . I know I did not follow anyone’s advice & I don’t even know if this was the right decision, I hope I didn’t jeopardize the well being of my family .I’m happy he’s home but I feel like anything can change at any moment .

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Wow that was a last minute decision by mom unless it was planned to get him out?

Good luck and I hope he does well this time. Thinking about you and sending good vibes!!

Copabanana

Oh helpless. I am so sorry you have gone through this. I feel for you so much. I am so very glad son got a job, and that things are calm so far. Thank goodness your husband seems to be letting your son know the terms, and that he, not your son, will not control the agenda. I am so impressed your son is working. I think you can only take this day by day. I pray this works out. Who knows? It might.

Helpless29

Please let us know how things are going.
So far things have been going good, my husband is really connecting with my son & has been going above & beyond to make things work, it’s great to see them bonding. My son also reconnected with his biological dad , they haven’t seen or talked to one another in 8 months & it seem things went well between them. We had one set back , the job he just got someone noticed his house arrest band it’s kinda bulky on his ankle & he thought he hid it well under his pants but guess not , they let him go.He told the manger he was trying to do good &to please give him a chance but they told him only bad people wear a band , he was really upset but I reassured him , it’s ok & he will find something else. So now he’s back applying for work , he’s really motivated so that’s a good thing.

Copabanana

Dear Helpless

This is very good news. The part about the job is disturbing. I think your son handled it beautifully. What a horrible thing to say, that only bad people wear a band. Your son seems to have handled it with maturity and grace. How moving that your husband and son are bonding! Thank you for the update.

MissLulu

Helpless, I'm so sorry that happened to your son, but it seems like he is going really well otherwise, which is great news.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Glad all is calm and I sure hope it stays this way. Every time they go through experiences or get therapy or some type of help a seed is planted and we have to hope that the seed takes root and grows.

Agree that your son handled the job loss in a mature way and they were jerks!

Prayers that this time will be different for your family.