Update on son

Helpless29

Haven’t posted in awhile , nothing new has been going on , the last time I talked to my son was April 12th when I got his disturbing video call . I know his friend continues to help him & says he’s doing good , he still has his apartment & works construction. He hasn’t reached out to me but I’m ok with that , as long as I know he’s ok I have peace with that I’m not ready to reconnect just yet anyway .Hopefully I can continue to post more positive outcomes.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
No news is good news I always said - even if it truly wasn't - it made ME feel better to not be in the midst of the chaos.

Based on his last "call" I would not want anything to do with him right now. He owes you and your sister a MAJOR sincere apology before you have anything to do with him at all and then I'd be guarded.

I will be on vacation next week so won't be around but look forward to updates.

Stay strong.

Copabanana

Dear Helpless

I agree with RN.

First, let me say that I relate totally to what you say. That he seems to be safe and productive, and there are people who are trying to support him, is a good thing.

But. He truly, truly blew it with you and your sister. That was completely out of the question in terms of civilized, socially appropriate let alone responsible behavior. Which is to say it was so not okay, I am beyond my ability to put words to it. He can do so, so better.

I am not judging here. I am trying to convey to you that your OUTRAGE was justified and appropriate. These guys treat us so badly. What I have gone through no mother should live through. I love my son so much. I have suffered so much. Like you. Our pain is NOT okay. Disrespecting us is NOT okay.

Their welfare is NOT the only thing. Our welfare is central too. We need to demand and require of these sons of ours that they respect and protect our welfare. And if they don't we need to swiftly and directly confront it and require respect. R E S P E C T. I am channeling Aretha here.

Love, Copa

MissLulu

Thanks for the update, Helpless. I too do better with less contact. I think you are right to maintain your peace by not making contact at the present time.